Western Australia Daylight Saving trial - SCO

This is a discussion on Western Australia Daylight Saving trial - SCO ; I live in West aus and have a few SCO 5.0.6 servers. At 2am on Sunday 3rd of December 2006 a trial of daylight savings (GMT+9) commences for the first time. At 2am on 25th March 2007 it reverts back ...

  1. Western Australia Daylight Saving trial

    I live in West aus and have a few SCO 5.0.6 servers. At 2am on Sunday
    3rd of December 2006 a trial of daylight savings (GMT+9) commences for
    the first time. At 2am on 25th March 2007 it reverts back to normal
    time (GMT+8)

    I ran /etc/tz and fedin the parameters i thought would work and ended
    up with

    TZ=WST-8WDT,M12.1.0,M3.4.0

    I'd appreciate if more knowledgeable folk could check this environment
    variable from /etc/TIMEZONE is now correct given the details above and
    post your confirmation or correction.

    Regards

    James

  2. Re: Western Australia Daylight Saving trial

    The real question, of course, is how does one test such a string. As
    we learned in the Y2K effort, shoving a system clock far forward and
    then reversing it can introduce unintended side effects. Sounds like a
    job for VMware!

    As for the string itself, it looks plausible. It doesn't include the
    time of day when the change is to be made but I believe that defaults
    to 2 a.m. Cf. the examples given by SCO in
    http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=126385.

    Ray Robert

    James_Szabadics wrote:
    > I live in West aus and have a few SCO 5.0.6 servers. At 2am on Sunday
    > 3rd of December 2006 a trial of daylight savings (GMT+9) commences for
    > the first time. At 2am on 25th March 2007 it reverts back to normal
    > time (GMT+8)
    >
    > I ran /etc/tz and fedin the parameters i thought would work and ended
    > up with
    >
    > TZ=WST-8WDT,M12.1.0,M3.4.0
    >
    > I'd appreciate if more knowledgeable folk could check this environment
    > variable from /etc/TIMEZONE is now correct given the details above and
    > post your confirmation or correction.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > James

+ Reply to Thread