driver in sco openserver 6 ? - SCO

This is a discussion on driver in sco openserver 6 ? - SCO ; Hi I have motherboard asus with your lan chip marvell 88e8053 and I have sco openserver 6.0. How I must install driver for this lan? I download driver from marvell page, copy to floppy, mount floppy in sco, doscp this ...

  1. driver in sco openserver 6 ?

    Hi
    I have motherboard asus with your lan chip marvell 88e8053 and I have sco
    openserver 6.0.
    How I must install driver for this lan? I download driver from marvell page,
    copy to floppy, mount floppy in sco, doscp this file to my system and ....
    whot I must doing?
    If I install Software Manager/Install new and Floppy Disk Drive 0 i have
    information Error "Retry identification of distribution type".
    If I insert d-link card with rtl 8139, copy files to floppy, doscp driver
    files to my disc and run setup i have information:
    Transfer End ............
    Please use 'custom' to install the driver.
    And follow the following options
    Software/Install New/From 'your computer'/MediaImages
    Then enter the directory::/tmp
    If I install from Software manager i have Error "Retry identification of
    distribution type".
    I know linux good but in sco openserver I'm beginner.

    Please help me.

  2. Re: driver in sco openserver 6 ?

    On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Piotr wrote:
    > I have motherboard asus with your lan chip marvell 88e8053 and I have
    > sco openserver 6.0. How I must install driver for this lan? I download
    > driver from marvell page, copy to floppy, mount floppy in sco, doscp
    > this file to my system and .... whot I must doing? If I install Software
    > Manager/Install new and Floppy Disk Drive 0 i have information Error
    > "Retry identification of distribution type". If I insert d-link card
    > with rtl 8139, copy files to floppy, doscp driver files to my disc and
    > run setup i have information: Transfer End ............ Please use
    > 'custom' to install the driver. And follow the following options
    > Software/Install New/From 'your computer'/MediaImages Then enter the
    > directory::/tmp If I install from Software manager i have Error "Retry
    > identification of distribution type". I know linux good but in sco
    > openserver I'm beginner.
    >
    > Please help me.

    I can not seem to find the README or install for it right now. When I
    downloaded the driver it created a file yukonuw.pck or something like it.

    I then did a pkgadd -d `pwd`/yukonuw.pck I think your could do something
    similar with the floopy.

    pkgadd -d /dev/fd0

    Installation instructions were with the download.

    Good Luck,

    --
    Boyd Gerber