Re: SCO Office server - SCO

This is a discussion on Re: SCO Office server - SCO ; Enrique Arredondo wrote: >>>I wonder If I can duplicate that setting locally, I have like 436 email >>>accounts on 1 machine times $2 a pop = $872 a month!, so getting another >>>machine loaded with some kind of software that ...

  1. Re: SCO Office server

    Enrique Arredondo wrote:
    >>>I wonder If I can duplicate that setting locally, I have like 436 email
    >>>accounts on 1 machine times $2 a pop = $872 a month!, so getting another
    >>>machine loaded with some kind of software that will intercept the mail

    There is an open source community as well as a paid (very inexpensive but good)
    support available for the FreeBSD toaster.

    Some sites have tens of thousands of users, and I think a few have six digit.

    http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/index.shtml

    Not a SCO solution, but it'll do *everything* you need it to do.

    --
    Walter

  2. Re: SCO Office server

    > There is an open source community as well as a paid (very inexpensive but
    > good) support available for the FreeBSD toaster.
    >
    > Some sites have tens of thousands of users, and I think a few have six
    > digit.
    >
    > http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/index.shtml
    >
    > Not a SCO solution, but it'll do *everything* you need it to do.

    Isn't the main advantage of the subscription service that it keeps itself
    always up to date?
    I don't know about anyone else but I already have eleventy-seven full time
    jobs.

    Also, I looked at that MXlogic site and it seems to be rather more than a
    spamassassin box.

    (I also couldn't order anything on line and only got an answering machine
    (for sales anyway) mid day saturday...)

  3. Re: SCO Office server

    Walter Vaughan wrote:

    > There is an open source community as well as a paid (very inexpensive but good)
    > support available for the FreeBSD toaster.
    >
    > Some sites have tens of thousands of users, and I think a few have six digit.
    >
    > http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/index.shtml
    >
    > Not a SCO solution, but it'll do *everything* you need it to do.
    >
    > --
    > Walter

    Toaster...thought maybe that ran on NetBSD

    Dependable -
    http://www.mailscanner.info/

    How many virus scanners do u need. Well I run three(All opensource)
    downloaded every four hours. Plus RBL and content scanning.

  4. Re: SCO Office server

    B...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Walter Vaughan wrote:

    > > There is an open source community as well as a paid (very inexpensive but good)
    > > support available for the FreeBSD toaster.
    > >
    > > Some sites have tens of thousands of users, and I think a few have six digit.
    > >
    > > http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/index.shtml
    > >
    > > Not a SCO solution, but it'll do *everything* you need it to do.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Walter

    > Toaster...thought maybe that ran on NetBSD
    >
    > Dependable -
    > http://www.mailscanner.info/
    >
    > How many virus scanners do u need. Well I run three(All opensource)
    > downloaded every four hours. Plus RBL and content scanning.

    > How many virus scanners do u need.

    One really good one or a thousand not so good ones. :-)

    Mike

+ Reply to Thread