NFS version 3 - SCO

This is a discussion on NFS version 3 - SCO ; Hello All, I am still dealing with the transfer files in the openserver 5.0.7, now I am trying to transfer a 60GB file with an automated task to a mounted NFS folder, but it just lets me transfer up to ...

  1. NFS version 3

    Hello All,
    I am still dealing with the transfer files in the openserver 5.0.7, now
    I am trying to transfer a 60GB file with an automated task to a mounted
    NFS folder, but it just lets me transfer up to 2GB because it's using
    NFS client version 2 (the SCO 5.0.7), I would like to use the version
    3.

    Does somebody know if it's available and how to install the NFS version
    3 or 4 in this SCO version? (the NFSserver already supports up to
    version 4, it's a new Centos box)

    Thanks a lot.

  2. Re: NFS version 3

    > I am still dealing with the transfer files in the openserver 5.0.7, now
    > I am trying to transfer a 60GB file with an automated task to a mounted
    > NFS folder, but it just lets me transfer up to 2GB because it's using
    > NFS client version 2 (the SCO 5.0.7), I would like to use the version
    > 3.
    >
    > Does somebody know if it's available and how to install the NFS version
    > 3 or 4 in this SCO version? (the NFSserver already supports up to
    > version 4, it's a new Centos box)
    >
    > Thanks a lot.

    There is no such thing as a 60 gb file on osr 507
    The filesystem can only handle files up to 2gb each.

    osr600 supports large files.

  3. Re: NFS version 3

    On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Brian K. White wrote:
    > > Hello All,
    > > I am still dealing with the transfer files in the openserver 5.0.7, now
    > > I am trying to transfer a 60GB file with an automated task to a mounted
    > > NFS folder, but it just lets me transfer up to 2GB because it's using
    > > NFS client version 2 (the SCO 5.0.7), I would like to use the version
    > > 3.
    > >
    > > Does somebody know if it's available and how to install the NFS version
    > > 3 or 4 in this SCO version? (the NFSserver already supports up to
    > > version 4, it's a new Centos box)
    > >
    > > Thanks a lot.

    > There is no such thing as a 60 gb file on osr 507
    > The filesystem can only handle files up to 2gb each.

    There is one exceptiong. That is a partition that is managed by the
    application. Files in that partition may be over 2 GB, but are not
    accessible from normal OpenServer 5.0.X utitities.

    --
    Boyd Gerber

  4. Re: NFS version 3

    Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Brian K. White wrote:
    > > > Hello All,
    > > > I am still dealing with the transfer files in the openserver 5.0.7, now
    > > > I am trying to transfer a 60GB file with an automated task to a mounted
    > > > NFS folder, but it just lets me transfer up to 2GB because it's using
    > > > NFS client version 2 (the SCO 5.0.7), I would like to use the version
    > > > 3.
    > > >
    > > > Does somebody know if it's available and how to install the NFS version
    > > > 3 or 4 in this SCO version? (the NFSserver already supports up to
    > > > version 4, it's a new Centos box)
    > > >
    > > > Thanks a lot.

    > > There is no such thing as a 60 gb file on osr 507
    > > The filesystem can only handle files up to 2gb each.

    > There is one exceptiong. That is a partition that is managed by the
    > application. Files in that partition may be over 2 GB, but are not
    > accessible from normal OpenServer 5.0.X utitities.
    >
    > --
    > Boyd Gerber
    > ZENEZ 1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah 84047

    You may not be able to use 5.0.7 file system aware commands, including
    anything on the NFS share. Can you load and enable the rsh style
    utilities?
    That will require /.rhosts on both systems, and correct entries in the
    /etc/hosts file.

    Then you may get away with something like this from the 5.0.7 system:

    find . "filename" -print | cpio -ovc | rcmd centos \( cd
    /destination_dir \; cpio -idm \)

    This will depend on what utilities the application directory supports.

    Mike

+ Reply to Thread