OSR 5.0.6 Install Error K_trap. - SCO

This is a discussion on OSR 5.0.6 Install Error K_trap. - SCO ; Hi all, I want to install on an old PC box (AMD Athlon 750 MHz, very old !!!). At begining of CD read (hardware list) I've have the message : "K_trap Unexpected NMI in system mode". A few seconds after, ...

  1. OSR 5.0.6 Install Error K_trap.

    Hi all,

    I want to install on an old PC box (AMD Athlon 750 MHz, very old !!!).
    At begining of CD read (hardware list) I've have the message :
    "K_trap Unexpected NMI in system mode".
    A few seconds after, i've this message :
    "PANIC : K_trap - kernel mode trap type 0x0000000E".

    Can somebody help me ?
    Thank you in advance for answers.

    Andre Georgel

    Pour répondre et obtenir l'adresse Email :
    http://marreduspam.com/ad897732
    Site : http://materiels.trans.free.fr

    "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a*plus rien à
    ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien à enlever."
    "Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
    when there is nothing to remove."

    (A. de Saint Exupery)

    ---
    Antivirus avast! : message Sortant sain.
    Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 0646-2, 07/11/2006
    Analyse le : 09/11/2006 12:34:22

  2. Re: OSR 5.0.6 Install Error K_trap.

    "André Georgel" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I want to install on an old PC box (AMD Athlon 750 MHz, very old !!!).
    > At begining of CD read (hardware list) I've have the message :
    > "K_trap Unexpected NMI in system mode".
    > A few seconds after, i've this message :
    > "PANIC : K_trap - kernel mode trap type 0x0000000E".
    >
    > Can somebody help me ?
    > Thank you in advance for answers.

    Possible hardware/cpu/memory problem. Download memtest86+
    from www.memtest.org and let it run for an hour or so to see if
    anything turns up.

    If the system is that old, the motherboard and components attached
    to it may need a good cleaning.

    Bob

  3. Re: OSR 5.0.6 Install Error K_trap.

    > "André Georgel" wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I want to install on an old PC box (AMD Athlon 750 MHz, very old !!!).
    >> At begining of CD read (hardware list) I've have the message :
    >> "K_trap Unexpected NMI in system mode".
    >> A few seconds after, i've this message :
    >> "PANIC : K_trap - kernel mode trap type 0x0000000E".
    >>
    >> Can somebody help me ?
    >> Thank you in advance for answers.

    > Possible hardware/cpu/memory problem. Download memtest86+
    > from www.memtest.org and let it run for an hour or so to see if
    > anything turns up.
    >
    > If the system is that old, the motherboard and components attached
    > to it may need a good cleaning.
    >
    > Bob

    This old PC run all days with Windows XP Pro.

    Andre Georgel

    Pour répondre et obtenir l'adresse Email :
    http://marreduspam.com/ad897732
    Site : http://materiels.trans.free.fr

    "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a*plus rien à
    ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien à enlever."
    "Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
    when there is nothing to remove."

    (A. de Saint Exupery)

    ---
    Antivirus avast! : message Sortant sain.
    Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 0647-0, 09/11/2006
    Analyse le : 09/11/2006 19:31:06

  4. Re: OSR 5.0.6 Install Error K_trap.

    In article ,
    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Andr=E9_Georgel?= wrote:
    >> "André Georgel" wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I want to install on an old PC box (AMD Athlon 750 MHz, very old !!!).
    >>> At begining of CD read (hardware list) I've have the message :
    >>> "K_trap Unexpected NMI in system mode".
    >>> A few seconds after, i've this message :
    >>> "PANIC : K_trap - kernel mode trap type 0x0000000E".
    >>>
    >>> Can somebody help me ?
    >>> Thank you in advance for answers.

    >> Possible hardware/cpu/memory problem. Download memtest86+
    >> from www.memtest.org and let it run for an hour or so to see if
    >> anything turns up.
    >>
    >> If the system is that old, the motherboard and components attached
    >> to it may need a good cleaning.
    >>
    >> Bob

    >This old PC run all days with Windows XP Pro.

    There is an old saying that "Unix is the best memory test you
    can get for a PC".

    Just because it runs XP doesn't mean it will break with Unix.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

  5. Re: OSR 5.0.6 Install Error K_trap.

    > "André Georgel" wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I want to install on an old PC box (AMD Athlon 750 MHz, very old !!!).
    >> At begining of CD read (hardware list) I've have the message :
    >> "K_trap Unexpected NMI in system mode".
    >> A few seconds after, i've this message :
    >> "PANIC : K_trap - kernel mode trap type 0x0000000E".
    >>
    >> Can somebody help me ?
    >> Thank you in advance for answers.

    > Possible hardware/cpu/memory problem. Download memtest86+
    > from www.memtest.org and let it run for an hour or so to see if
    > anything turns up.
    >
    > If the system is that old, the motherboard and components attached
    > to it may need a good cleaning.
    >
    > Bob

    Thnk you for the answer and I will run memtest86.

    Andre Georgel

    Pour répondre et obtenir l'adresse Email :
    http://marreduspam.com/ad897732
    Site : http://materiels.trans.free.fr

    "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a*plus rien à
    ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien à enlever."
    "Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
    when there is nothing to remove."

    (A. de Saint Exupery)

    ---
    Antivirus avast! : message Sortant sain.
    Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 0647-0, 09/11/2006
    Analyse le : 10/11/2006 07:52:46

  6. Re: OSR 5.0.6 Install Error K_trap.

    > "André Georgel" wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I want to install on an old PC box (AMD Athlon 750 MHz, very old !!!).
    >> At begining of CD read (hardware list) I've have the message :
    >> "K_trap Unexpected NMI in system mode".
    >> A few seconds after, i've this message :
    >> "PANIC : K_trap - kernel mode trap type 0x0000000E".
    >>
    >> Can somebody help me ?
    >> Thank you in advance for answers.

    > Possible hardware/cpu/memory problem. Download memtest86+
    > from www.memtest.org and let it run for an hour or so to see if
    > anything turns up.
    >
    > If the system is that old, the motherboard and components attached
    > to it may need a good cleaning.
    >
    > Bob

    Thnk you for the answer and I will run memtest86.

    Andre Georgel

    Pour répondre et obtenir l'adresse Email :
    http://marreduspam.com/ad897732
    Site : http://materiels.trans.free.fr

    "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a*plus rien à
    ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien à enlever."
    "Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
    when there is nothing to remove."

    (A. de Saint Exupery)

    ---
    Antivirus avast! : message Sortant sain.
    Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 0647-0, 09/11/2006
    Analyse le : 10/11/2006 07:53:48

  7. Re: OSR 5.0.6 Install Error K_trap.

    > "André Georgel" wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I want to install on an old PC box (AMD Athlon 750 MHz, very old !!!).
    >> At begining of CD read (hardware list) I've have the message :
    >> "K_trap Unexpected NMI in system mode".
    >> A few seconds after, i've this message :
    >> "PANIC : K_trap - kernel mode trap type 0x0000000E".
    >>
    >> Can somebody help me ?
    >> Thank you in advance for answers.

    > Possible hardware/cpu/memory problem. Download memtest86+
    > from www.memtest.org and let it run for an hour or so to see if
    > anything turns up.
    >
    > If the system is that old, the motherboard and components attached
    > to it may need a good cleaning.
    >
    > Bob

    Thank you, I've run memtest86+ an I have some errors on a memory bank.
    This can explain some errors (in Windows XP) I'd think that the HD was
    wrong !

    Andre Georgel

    Pour répondre et obtenir l'adresse Email :
    http://marreduspam.com/ad897732
    Site : http://materiels.trans.free.fr

    "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a*plus rien à
    ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien à enlever."
    "Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
    when there is nothing to remove."

    (A. de Saint Exupery)

    ---
    Antivirus avast! : message Sortant sain.
    Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 0647-0, 09/11/2006
    Analyse le : 11/11/2006 13:33:47