VNC on SCO - SCO

This is a discussion on VNC on SCO - SCO ; Using VNC from the skunkware CD. Following the directions at http://aplawrence.com/cgi-bin/printe...penserver.html Everything seems to go fine until I try to start the service with "/etc/init.d/vncserver start". All that happens is a "not found" message returned. Looking at the script, it ...

  1. VNC on SCO

    Using VNC from the skunkware CD.

    Following the directions at
    http://aplawrence.com/cgi-bin/printe...penserver.html

    Everything seems to go fine until I try to start the service with
    "/etc/init.d/vncserver start". All that happens is a "not found"
    message returned. Looking at the script, it runs the script
    /usr/local/bin/vncserver. If I try to run that file, same result. In
    the /usr/local/bin folder there are other scripts that do run
    (vncpasswd, vncconnect, vncviewer, etc). When the server is rebooted,
    the last message displayed is "starting VNC server:", but there is
    never a result (it is running /etc/rc2.d/S99vncserver). If I try to run
    that file directly, I get the "not found".

    Can anyone offer any suggestions?

    TIA

    AL

  2. Re: VNC on SCO

    > Everything seems to go fine until I try to start the service with
    > "/etc/init.d/vncserver start". All that happens is a "not found"
    > message returned. Looking at the script, it runs the script
    > /usr/local/bin/vncserver. If I try to run that file, same result. In
    > the /usr/local/bin folder there are other scripts that do run
    > (vncpasswd, vncconnect, vncviewer, etc). When the server is rebooted,
    > the last message displayed is "starting VNC server:", but there is
    > never a result (it is running /etc/rc2.d/S99vncserver). If I try to run
    > that file directly, I get the "not found".
    >
    > Can anyone offer any suggestions?

    Install bash.

  3. Re: VNC on SCO

    Tried this again using these instructions:

    Following the directions at
    http://aplawrence.com/cgi-bin/printe...penserver.html

    This time made sure perl and bash were installed. Got farther, but
    something is still wrong. Now when I start the VNC server, it prompts
    me for a password. I enter one and the server starts, but I get the
    following message " ~./vnc no such file or directory" . I have created
    the .vnc directory and the xstartup file as per the instructions. The
    server does start, because when I execute the stop command, it
    successfully stops it. However, if I try to connect from a client, I
    just get "connection refused". I had to stop at that point to work on
    something else. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

    TIA

    Al

    Brian K. White wrote:
> [...]

+ Reply to Thread