I am unable to restore any data from my tape drive. I use Unixware
7.1.0, ARCserver 6.6 an HP DDS3 tape hooked on a Symbio Logic C8xx
controller, device driver ist hba_711a.

When I set up a restore command via GUI the job terminates after about
10 to 20 seconds telling me media xxx must be positioned to session 1.
This fails, the job ist gone. I also realize that ARCserve doesen't
notice a tape change. I change tapes but the tape id in device manager
is still the same.

Does anybody have a hint for me? I already reinstalled ARCserve,
installed patch ptf7141b and ARCserve agent 6.6.1h. How does ARCserve
recognize tape changes?

CU
klawit