SCO version 6 KERNAL PARAMETERS - SCO

This is a discussion on SCO version 6 KERNAL PARAMETERS - SCO ; On versions before 6 we could tune the kernal parameters to what was needed for our software useing the Progress data base. When checking /etc/conf/cf.d/stune or mtune many of the parameters are no longer there, such as NQUEUE, NBLK4096 NBLK2048 ...

  1. SCO version 6 KERNAL PARAMETERS

    On versions before 6 we could tune the kernal parameters to what was
    needed for our software useing the Progress data base. When checking
    /etc/conf/cf.d/stune or mtune many of the parameters are no longer
    there, such as NQUEUE, NBLK4096 NBLK2048 and so on.
    How do I tune this version ?

  2. Re: SCO version 6 KERNAL PARAMETERS

    On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Ray wrote:
    > On versions before 6 we could tune the kernal parameters to what was
    > needed for our software useing the Progress data base. When checking
    > /etc/conf/cf.d/stune or mtune many of the parameters are no longer
    > there, such as NQUEUE, NBLK4096 NBLK2048 and so on.
    > How do I tune this version ?

    You need to use the same tune-ables for UnixWare 7. I do not remember the
    link but there is a table showing OSR 5 to UnixWare 7 parameters.

    --
    Boyd Gerber

  3. Re: SCO version 6 KERNAL PARAMETERS

    "Boyd Lynn Gerber" wrote in message
    news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0609121115260.25426@xenau.zenez .com...
    > On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Ray wrote:
    >> On versions before 6 we could tune the kernal parameters to what was
    >> needed for our software useing the Progress data base. When checking
    >> /etc/conf/cf.d/stune or mtune many of the parameters are no longer
    >> there, such as NQUEUE, NBLK4096 NBLK2048 and so on.
    >> How do I tune this version ?

    > You need to use the same tune-ables for UnixWare 7. I do not remember the
    > link but there is a table showing OSR 5 to UnixWare 7 parameters.

    http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/SM_perfo...7kerntuns.html

  4. Re: SCO version 6 KERNAL PARAMETERS

    Bob Bailin wrote:
    > "Boyd Lynn Gerber" wrote in message
    > news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0609121115260.25426@xenau.zenez .com...
    > > On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Ray wrote:
    > >> On versions before 6 we could tune the kernal parameters to what was
    > >> needed for our software useing the Progress data base. When checking
    > >> /etc/conf/cf.d/stune or mtune many of the parameters are no longer
    > >> there, such as NQUEUE, NBLK4096 NBLK2048 and so on.
    > >> How do I tune this version ?

    > > You need to use the same tune-ables for UnixWare 7. I do not remember the
    > > link but there is a table showing OSR 5 to UnixWare 7 parameters.

    > http://osr600doc.sco.com/en/SM_perfo...7kerntuns.html

+ Reply to Thread