who change mail perms ? - SCO

This is a discussion on who change mail perms ? - SCO ; I recently change some permissiona on /usr/mail files , to allow some new utilities. I want to have all user with rwx-wx--- after doing that : something from the system is changing again to rwx------. Who can do this ? ...

  1. who change mail perms ?

    I recently change some permissiona on /usr/mail files , to allow some
    new utilities.

    I want to have all user with rwx-wx---

    after doing that : something from the system is changing again to
    rwx------.

    Who can do this ?

    I have sendmail and fetchmail running in poll mode .

    My system is 5.0.7

  2. Re: who change mail perms ?

    pablo typed (on Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 05:57:33AM -0700):
    | I recently change some permissiona on /usr/mail files , to allow some
    | new utilities.
    |
    | I want to have all user with rwx-wx---
    |
    | after doing that : something from the system is changing again to
    | rwx------.
    |
    | Who can do this ?
    |
    | I have sendmail and fetchmail running in poll mode .
    |
    | My system is 5.0.7

    To answer your question:
    # chmod 730 /usr/mail/file_names

    Anyone run command 'fixperms' ?

    - Jeff H

  3. Re: who change mail perms ?

    No body is running fixperms , only fetchmail or sendmail can be doing
    this .

    But I do not know how they can change perms =???

    Jeff Hyman ha escrito:

    > pablo typed (on Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 05:57:33AM -0700):
    > | I recently change some permissiona on /usr/mail files , to allow some
    > | new utilities.
    > |
    > | I want to have all user with rwx-wx---
    > |
    > | after doing that : something from the system is changing again to
    > | rwx------.
    > |
    > | Who can do this ?
    > |
    > | I have sendmail and fetchmail running in poll mode .
    > |
    > | My system is 5.0.7
    >
    > To answer your question:
    > # chmod 730 /usr/mail/file_names
    >
    > Anyone run command 'fixperms' ?
    >
    > - Jeff H

  4. Re: who change mail perms ?

    In article <1158070978.930136.193210@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups. com>,
    pablo wrote:
    >No body is running fixperms , only fetchmail or sendmail can be doing
    >this .
    >
    >But I do not know how they can change perms =???

    I don't use sendmail so I don't know whether it changes permissions or not.
    But many MUAs remove the mailbox file if all messages are removed from it.
    In that case the MTA will create a new mailbox with default perms when the

    John