Video memory shift - SCO

This is a discussion on Video memory shift - SCO ; I have a video problem with an Acer/Altos G320 server running SCO verson 6 with service pack 2 the integrated video changes memory location when adding a Perle Multiport express 8 port card. The memory shifts from 0x40000000/27,04x48040000/16 to 0x40000000/27, ...

  1. Video memory shift

    I have a video problem with an Acer/Altos G320 server running SCO
    verson 6 with service pack 2 the integrated video changes memory
    location when adding a Perle Multiport express 8 port card. The memory
    shifts from 0x40000000/27,04x48040000/16 to 0x40000000/27,
    0x48140000/16. This change stops scologin from running because it does
    not find the video memory at the proper location
    The system bios for video mode has no way that I can find to stop the
    shift and SCO version 6 auto configures it's hardware.
    Any one have a solution ?

  2. Re: Video memory shift

    Ray typed (on Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 06:40:43PM -0700):
    | I have a video problem with an Acer/Altos G320 server running SCO
    | verson 6 with service pack 2 the integrated video changes memory
    | location when adding a Perle Multiport express 8 port card. The memory
    | shifts from 0x40000000/27,04x48040000/16 to 0x40000000/27,
    | 0x48140000/16. This change stops scologin from running because it does
    | not find the video memory at the proper location
    | The system bios for video mode has no way that I can find to stop the
    | shift and SCO version 6 auto configures it's hardware.
    | Any one have a solution ?

    Did you try 'scoadmin video'?

    --
    JP
    ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

  3. Re: Video memory shift

    Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > Ray typed (on Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 06:40:43PM -0700):
    > | I have a video problem with an Acer/Altos G320 server running SCO
    > | verson 6 with service pack 2 the integrated video changes memory
    > | location when adding a Perle Multiport express 8 port card. The memory
    > | shifts from 0x40000000/27,04x48040000/16 to 0x40000000/27,
    > | 0x48140000/16. This change stops scologin from running because it does
    > | not find the video memory at the proper location
    > | The system bios for video mode has no way that I can find to stop the
    > | shift and SCO version 6 auto configures it's hardware.
    > | Any one have a solution ?
    >
    > Did you try 'scoadmin video'?
    >
    > --
    > JP

    ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

    Scoadmin was tried. It only allows addition of new card or resolution
    change no memory set function.

    Ray

  4. Re: Video memory shift

    In article <1157401764.137492.92680@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.co m>,
    Ray wrote:

    >Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    >> Ray typed (on Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 06:40:43PM -0700):
    >> | I have a video problem with an Acer/Altos G320 server running SCO
    >> | verson 6 with service pack 2 the integrated video changes memory
    >> | location when adding a Perle Multiport express 8 port card. The memory
    >> | shifts from 0x40000000/27,04x48040000/16 to 0x40000000/27,
    >> | 0x48140000/16. This change stops scologin from running because it does
    >> | not find the video memory at the proper location
    >> | The system bios for video mode has no way that I can find to stop the
    >> | shift and SCO version 6 auto configures it's hardware.
    >> | Any one have a solution ?
    >>
    >> Did you try 'scoadmin video'?
    >>
    >> --
    >> JP
    >>

    > ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==
    >
    >Scoadmin was tried. It only allows addition of new card or resolution
    >change no memory set function.
    >
    >Ray

    In that case can the Perle board be set to another memory
    location? I've not used that one but many I used in the past
    could be located at different address spaces.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

  5. Re: Video memory shift

    Bill Vermillion wrote:
    > In article <1157401764.137492.92680@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.co m>,
    > Ray wrote:
    > >
    > >Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
    > >> Ray typed (on Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 06:40:43PM -0700):
    > >>
    > >> Did you try 'scoadmin video'?
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> JP
    > >>

    > > ==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==
    > >
    > >Scoadmin was tried. It only allows addition of new card or resolution
    > >change no memory set function.
    > >
    > >Ray

    > In that case can the Perle board be set to another memory
    > location? I've not used that one but many I used in the past
    > could be located at different address spaces.
    >
    > Bill
    > >

    > Perle tech support says no. They say the operating system is setting the memory location not there product.

    Ray

    > --
    > Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

  6. Re: Video memory shift

    Ray wrote:
    > I have a video problem with an Acer/Altos G320 server running SCO
    > verson 6 with service pack 2 the integrated video changes memory
    > location when adding a Perle Multiport express 8 port card. The memory
    > shifts from 0x40000000/27,04x48040000/16 to 0x40000000/27,
    > 0x48140000/16. This change stops scologin from running because it does
    > not find the video memory at the proper location
    > The system bios for video mode has no way that I can find to stop the
    > shift and SCO version 6 auto configures it's hardware.
    > Any one have a solution ?

    I would try disabling the on onboard video and add an AGP or PCI card
    that does NOT use shared RAM.

    I've had good luck with low and mid-range ATI cards set to VESA modes.

    SCO Authorized Partner
    (209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
    E-mail: patubb@inreach.com