HELP; i need a remote printer - SCO

This is a discussion on HELP; i need a remote printer - SCO ; HELP; I need create a remote printer in SCO UNIX 5.0.5 , the remote printer is in windows XP. I down know help please THANKS...

  1. HELP; i need a remote printer

    HELP; I need create a remote printer in SCO UNIX 5.0.5 , the remote
    printer is in windows XP.

    I down know

    help please

    THANKS

  2. Re: HELP; i need a remote printer

    jeronimo wrote:
    > HELP; I need create a remote printer in SCO UNIX 5.0.5 , the remote
    > printer is in windows XP.

    1) On Windows XP navigate as follows ...
    Start,
    Control Panel,
    Add or Remove Software,
    Windows Components,

    Highlight "Other network file and print services"
    Click the "Details" button

    Tick the box for "Print Services for Unix"
    Click the "OK" button

    Make a note of the printer names, if possible create short names without
    spaces or puntuation characters.

    You can test this from another XP computer, open a command prompt window
    and type these commands:
    echo "printer test" > test.txt
    lpr -h xpcomputername -p printername test.txt

    2) On OpenServer, login as root and get to a shell prompt

    Enter the command `scoadmin printer` (without quotes).
    Add a remote unix printer.
    The hostname is the name *IN DNS* of your XP computer, if unsure, put
    it's IP-address.
    The printer name is the name you made a note of earlier.
    Unselect the extended protocol option.
    Select OK

+ Reply to Thread