Printer Question - SCO

This is a discussion on Printer Question - SCO ; I have a customer running SCO Unix, with the ULT Plus os sitting on top of it. They purchased an Epson DSX-5000 printer. Every time they print any print job, the first couple of lines are missing from the job ...

  1. Printer Question

    I have a customer running SCO Unix, with the ULT Plus os sitting on top
    of it. They purchased an Epson DSX-5000 printer. Every time they print
    any print job, the first couple of lines are missing from the job and
    the support people gave up. Any suggestions? I am not a Unix person, but
    I can follow directions on what to look for. They print using text only
    No graphics at all.

  2. Re: Printer Question

    Curt wrote:
    > I have a customer running SCO Unix, with the ULT Plus os sitting on top
    > of it. They purchased an Epson DSX-5000 printer. Every time they print
    > any print job, the first couple of lines are missing from the job and
    > the support people gave up. Any suggestions? I am not a Unix person, but
    > I can follow directions on what to look for. They print using text only
    > No graphics at all.

    Need more info

    - What is ULT 'os'?

    - How is the printer attached? Parallel/Serial/Network?

    - If serial, make sure flow control is the same on both the printer and
    how SCO is using the port.

    SCO Authorized Partner
    (209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
    E-mail: patubb@inreach.com

  3. Re: Printer Question

    On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:06:47 +0000, Curt wrote:

    > I have a customer running SCO Unix, with the ULT Plus os sitting on top
    > of it. They purchased an Epson DSX-5000 printer. Every time they print
    > any print job, the first couple of lines are missing from the job and
    > the support people gave up. Any suggestions? I am not a Unix person, but
    > I can follow directions on what to look for. They print using text only
    > No graphics at all.

    Perhaps an Epson DFX 5000? I cannot find any information on a DSX-5000.
    Other than missing the first couple of lines, do the jobs print normally?

    More info needed:
    - SCO version (run uname -X from the command line)
    - What interface this printer uses
    (/usr/spool/lp/admins/lp/interfaces/, post the first 10 - 15
    lines
    - How the printer is connected to the SCO system (parallel, serial,
    network)

    Scott McMillan

+ Reply to Thread