Wyse150 terminals revert to old settings at login - SCO

This is a discussion on Wyse150 terminals revert to old settings at login - SCO ; "lansman54" wrote in message news:1155919722.987177.129640@75g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com... >I tried doing that. There was only a rs1 entry in the terminfo file. > That did not work. Combine that with my reply to a suggestion below and > I think that the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Wyse150 terminals revert to old settings at login

    "lansman54" wrote in message
    news:1155919722.987177.129640@75g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    >I tried doing that. There was only a rs1 entry in the terminfo file.
    > That did not work. Combine that with my reply to a suggestion below and
    > I think that the problem lies somewhere else than within the termcap or
    > terminfo files. There have been no changes noticeable from any editing
    > of these 2 files. Could it be in another startup process?
    > Roger Cornelius wrote:
    >> lansman54 wrote:
    >> > I have tried inserting these strings into the termcap file and even
    >> > disabled the "is" strings on the terminfo entry with no change
    >> > whatsoever. The correct version of Openserver is 5.07 and we are
    >> > running filePro as the application. Is there another process in 5.07
    >> > which I should be looking for?

    >> As alluded to in a previous post, try disabling r1 in termcap and rs1
    >> in terminfo. On this 5.0.7 system, those are the capabilities
    >> containing the problem strings, assuming the info Bob posted is
    >> correct.

    You have to be a bit more methodical about solving this problem:

    1. Configure your Wyse 150 so that Enhance=Off. Save your settings, turn off
    the terminal, turn it on and go into setup to see that it's still Off.

    2. Log in as root. Choose wyse150 as your terminal type. When you get
    to a command prompt, go into the terminal's setup again and see if
    Enhance=Off. If it's On, then the solution is found somewhere in the
    termcap or terminfo database init strings for wyse150. (When exiting
    terminal setup, make sure you *don't* save the current settings.)

    3. Log in as an unprivileged user. Perform the same checks as in step 2
    if you're allowed to get to a command prompt before starting your
    FilePro application. Your results should be the same as in step 2.
    Start the application and check the setup once again. If it's changed
    to Enhance=On, then the problem lies in the init strings for your app.
    If it only changes when you try to print for the 1st time, check out that
    area of the app.

    By the way, you've never mentioned whether you run tic after making
    changes to the terminfo database. Changing just the readable text file
    (terminfo.src) won't change the actual compiled entries in /usr/lib/terminfo/[a-z]/.
    And it's usually advisable to make a copy of terminfo.src, edit it down to
    the actual termtype you're working with, and rename it something like
    wyse150.src. Then you don't have to recompile the entire database
    each time.

    Bob

  2. Re: Wyse150 terminals revert to old settings at login

    TIC - sort of like taking the washing machine apart, putting it back
    together and it still not working - try plugging it in! Edited the
    terminfo.src into wy150.src, compiled it with tic and.. yes it works!
    Not sure which of thise commands did it but needless say, thank you
    everyone for your helpful, friendly and patient help!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2