sendmail : .forward and keeping copy - SCO

This is a discussion on sendmail : .forward and keeping copy - SCO ; It is possible to forward messages to another user , keeping one copy to the original recipient . I know can be done with MMDF , but in sendmail I do no see similar option in .forward ....

  1. sendmail : .forward and keeping copy

    It is possible to forward messages to another user , keeping one copy
    to the original recipient .

    I know can be done with MMDF , but in sendmail I do no see similar
    option in .forward .

  2. Re: sendmail : .forward and keeping copy

    In article <1154001538.541909.294110@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups. com>,
    pablo wrote:
    >It is possible to forward messages to another user , keeping one copy
    >to the original recipient .
    >
    >I know can be done with MMDF , but in sendmail I do no see similar
    >option in .forward .

    If your local user is joe and you forward to tom@yahoo your
    ..forward file should look like this

    \joe
    tom@yahoo.com

    Maks sure that mail can read it.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

  3. Re: sendmail : .forward and keeping copy

    Bill, thanks , but my question is : How to keep a copy of the message
    to joe ?

    Bill Vermillion ha escrito:

    > In article <1154001538.541909.294110@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups. com>,
    > pablo wrote:
    > >It is possible to forward messages to another user , keeping one copy
    > >to the original recipient .
    > >
    > >I know can be done with MMDF , but in sendmail I do no see similar
    > >option in .forward .

    > If your local user is joe and you forward to tom@yahoo your
    > .forward file should look like this
    >
    > \joe
    > tom@yahoo.com
    >
    > Maks sure that mail can read it.
    >
    > Bill
    >
    > --
    > Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

  4. Re: sendmail : .forward and keeping copy

    Bill, thanks , but my question is : How to keep a copy of the message
    to joe ?

    Bill Vermillion ha escrito:

    > In article <1154001538.541909.294110@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups. com>,
    > pablo wrote:
    > >It is possible to forward messages to another user , keeping one copy
    > >to the original recipient .
    > >
    > >I know can be done with MMDF , but in sendmail I do no see similar
    > >option in .forward .

    > If your local user is joe and you forward to tom@yahoo your
    > .forward file should look like this
    >
    > \joe
    > tom@yahoo.com
    >
    > Maks sure that mail can read it.
    >
    > Bill
    >
    > --
    > Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

  5. Re: sendmail : .forward and keeping copy

  6. Re: sendmail : .forward and keeping copy

    In article <1154034587.870989.209030@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    pablo wrote:
    >Bill, thanks , but my question is : How to keep a copy of the message
    >to joe ?

    Did you not see the \joe as the first line in my example.

    That says to put a copy in joe's local mailbox AND send a copy
    to the next address - or addresses.

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

  7. Re: sendmail : .forward and keeping copy

    OK , thanks a lot : I did not see .

    BUt : Is this in the man page of sendmail ?

    pablo ha escrito:

    > Bill, thanks , but my question is : How to keep a copy of the message
    > to joe ?
    >

    > Bill Vermillion ha escrito:
    >
    > > In article <1154001538.541909.294110@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups. com>,
    > > pablo wrote:
    > > >It is possible to forward messages to another user , keeping one copy
    > > >to the original recipient .
    > > >
    > > >I know can be done with MMDF , but in sendmail I do no see similar
    > > >option in .forward .

    > > If your local user is joe and you forward to tom@yahoo your
    > > .forward file should look like this
    > >
    > > \joe
    > > tom@yahoo.com
    > >
    > > Maks sure that mail can read it.
    > >
    > > Bill
    > >
    > > --
    > > Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

  8. Re: sendmail : .forward and keeping copy

    In article <1154090585.057421.205780@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups. com>,
    pablo wrote:
    >OK , thanks a lot : I did not see .

    >BUt : Is this in the man page of sendmail ?

    Since I don't have access to an SCO system at the moment I don't
    know if the "forward" man page exists. It should.
    Try man forward and see what happens.

    And sendmail man page is far from complete. On this system
    [FreeBSD] the sendmail man page is 465 lines. The
    O'Reilly Sendmail book is about 1200 pages long in version 2.
    I don't know if there is a newer version.

    After sendmail became a bit more user friendly around
    version 4.x - around 1990. I gave up 'smail' and moved to
    sendmail, and have used it at two different ISPs I've been
    with.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

  9. Re: sendmail : .forward and keeping copy

    pablo wrote:
    > It is possible to forward messages to another user , keeping one copy
    > to the original recipient .
    >
    > I know can be done with MMDF , but in sendmail I do no see similar
    > option in .forward .

    You can use a sendmail milter to accomplish this. I'm sure there are
    other ways also.

    I used this to make copes of all mail to be archived. It was a company
    policy.

    http://www.modulo.ro/Modulo/en/Products/Synonym.html

    Hopefully you have the source sendmail.mc and the m4 macro to rebuild
    sendmail.

    You will also need to compile the source for the milter executable
    binary.

+ Reply to Thread