uucp using wildcard - SCO

This is a discussion on uucp using wildcard - SCO ; Hi, I would like to use a wildcard '*' with uucp as in: uucp !/directory/* somesystem!/location However not matter how I quote the * uucp reports that is it unable to stat the file(s). This is on SCO 5.0.6 I ...

  1. uucp using wildcard

    Hi,

    I would like to use a wildcard '*' with uucp as in:

    uucp !/directory/* somesystem!/location

    However not matter how I quote the * uucp reports that is it unable to
    stat the file(s). This is on SCO 5.0.6

    I have not problems at all with the file transfers with a specify them
    explicitly, anybody got any ideas?

    Thanks

    | P J Dominey |
    | Independent UNIX Contractor |
    | |
    | E-Mail: peter@pdris.com |
    | Web Site: www.pdrinformationsolutions.com (www.pdris.com) |
    | |
    | Tel: 817-488-5957 |
    | Yahoo IM: pdominey |
    | AOL IM: peterdominey |

  2. Re: uucp using wildcard

    On Fri, Jul 21, 2006, Peter Dominey wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I would like to use a wildcard '*' with uucp as in:
    >
    >uucp !/directory/* somesystem!/location

    Are you sure you dont' mean?
    uucp /directory/* somesystem!/location

    It's been the better part of 20 years since I did a lot of uucp
    other than routing e-mail via uucp.

    Typically when one is using commands like scp, commands that use
    wild card characters require that you escape these on the local
    machine.

    scp remote:/somedirectory/\*.conf .

    Bill
    --
    INTERNET: bill@Celestial.COM Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

    The difference between science and the fuzzy subjects is that science
    requires reasoning while those other subjects merely require scholarship.
    -- Robert Heinlein

+ Reply to Thread