VMWARE AND SCO - SCO

This is a discussion on VMWARE AND SCO - SCO ; I am trying to install SCO on VMWARE. After hitting enter on the boot: prompt, I get an error message /dev/install can not be initialized. Can anyone help me with this?...

  1. VMWARE AND SCO

    I am trying to install SCO on VMWARE. After hitting enter on the boot:
    prompt, I get an error message /dev/install can not be initialized. Can
    anyone help me with this?

  2. Re: VMWARE AND SCO

    wrote:

    > I am trying to install SCO on VMWARE. After hitting enter on the boot:
    > prompt, I get an error message /dev/install can not be initialized. Can
    > anyone help me with this?

    Someone might be able to help, if you supply any details.

    I once tried to install Michelin on Chrysler, but I had to get a
    technician to finish the job for me.

    SCO and VMware are companies; I'm not really sure what it would mean to
    "install" one on the other. Perhaps you're talking about some
    particular products? And versions?

    It would also help to show the exact error message rather than a
    paraphrase.

    A properly formed question would look something like:

    I am trying to install SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.6 on VMware Server
    1.0, running on Windows XP Pro SP2 on a P4/2.8GHz with 512MB RAM. I
    created the VM with 256MB RAM, 4GB BusLogic SCSI hard disk and "lance"
    NIC. The install fails after [show us several lines of successful
    install messages] with the error message [show us the exact error
    message].

    I run OSR507 on VMware Workstation 5.5 and VMware ESX Server 2.5.3.
    I've posted some installation hints before (google groups will find
    them).

    >Bela<

+ Reply to Thread