Sorry to Y!SCOX go, but... - SCO

This is a discussion on Sorry to Y!SCOX go, but... - SCO ; My first message on the new "board," and I want to start it off right: ----------------------------- "We're finding cases where there is line-by-line code in the Linux kernel that is matching up to our UnixWare code." - Darl McBride (May ...

  1. Sorry to Y!SCOX go, but...

    My first message on the new "board," and I want to start it off right:

    -----------------------------

    "We're finding cases where there is line-by-line code in the Linux
    kernel that is matching up to our UnixWare code." - Darl McBride (May
    1, 2003)

    "The month of June is show-and-tell time. Everybody's been clamoring
    for the code...and we're going to show hundreds of lines of code." -
    Darl McBride (May 30, 2003)

    "They have found already a mountain of code. The DNA of Linux is coming
    from Unix." - Darl McBride (August 18, 2003)

    "So the three [MIT] teams came back independently and validated that
    there wasn't just a little bit of code showing up inside of Linux from
    our Unix intellectual property base. There was actually a mountain of
    code showing up in there." - Darl McBride (August 21, 2003)

    "What's at issue is that there is copyrighted Unix System V code,
    Version 4.1 code, copied into Linux. Whether it is used broadly or not,
    it is widely published and available." - Chris Sontag (August 26, 2003)

    "We've stepped up with 80 direct lines of code and derivative works
    that amount to thousands of lines - and we're saving the rest for the
    courtroom." - Darl McBride (August 30, 2003)

    "The amount of Unix code in Linux could be greater than 25%. ...That
    [1,549 lines of allegedly copied code] is just the number identified so
    far. It will probably end up being a lot higher." - Chris Sontag
    (September 2, 2003)

    "They keep saying we are not showing the code, that we are being
    deceptive, but we have shown it, literally, to hundreds of people
    now...We have been very forthcoming. The programs we have identified
    make up about 20 percent of Linux." - Blake Stowell (September 11,
    2003)

    "I haven't seen anyone in the Linux community racing to remove these
    million lines of code from Linux yet." - Chris Sontag (October 8, 2003)

    "We showed over a million lines of code and where it has existed. Linus
    Torvalds has told me that the Linux kernel has around 5 million lines
    of code. This derivative code accounts for 20 percent of the Linux code
    base." - Darl McBride (November 28, 2003)

    "SCO will present this evidence to the jury, the judge and to the
    defendant, but it will remain confidential. No one in the public will
    get to see this" - Blake Stowell (December 16, 2003)

    "Everybody's been clamoring for us to show the code. But be careful
    what you ask for, because we're going to show that and a lot more." -
    Darl McBride (January 12, 2004)

    "We're not going to show two lines of code. We're going to show
    hundreds of lines of code." - Darl McBride (May 30, 2004)

    "Viewed against the backdrop of SCO's plethora of public statements
    concerning IBM's and others' infringement of SCO's purported copyrights
    to the UNIX software, it is astonishing that SCO has not offered any
    competent evidence to create a disputed fact regarding whether IBM has
    infringed SCO's alleged copyrights through IBM's Linux activities." -
    Judge Dale Kimball (February 8, 2005)

    "Based on the foregoing, the court finds that SCO has had ample
    opportunity to articulate, identify and substantiate its claims against
    [IBM]. The court further finds that such failure was intentional and
    therefore willful based on SCO's disregard of the court's orders and
    failure to seek clarification....Given the amount of code that SCO has
    received in discovery the court finds it inexcusable that SCO is in
    essence still not placing all the details on the table." - Judge Brooke
    Wells (June 28, 2006)

  2. Re: Sorry to Y!SCOX go, but...

    bfelger@gmail.com wrote:

    > My first message on the new "board," and I want to start it off right:

    As this froup is is still in use, perhaps alt.os.linux.caldera, BMO and some
    others are already there.

    Bruce S.

    --
    Replace the by by blueyonder