Menu for SCO Unixware - SCO

This is a discussion on Menu for SCO Unixware - SCO ; I need a basic menu system so that when users log into our Unixware 7.1.0 box they are presented with a text menu with 2 options to run shell scripts which will run an application with different parameters. I have ...

  1. Menu for SCO Unixware

    I need a basic menu system so that when users log into our Unixware 7.1.0
    box they are presented with a text menu with 2 options to run shell scripts
    which will run an application with different parameters. I have looked at
    the fmli example at
    http://ou800doc.caldera.com/en/SDK_c...I_AnExApp.html, and tried that,
    but when I run it as "fmli Menu.sample" with Menu.sample containing the
    following, and select the runit option, it just seems to lock up. The
    script "runapplication" is what I would normally call from a .profile. I
    have also tried it with action=`runapplication`nop with the same result. Any
    help appreciated. If there's a better (easier) way to do this without fmli I
    am also interested.
    ------------
    menu=TOP MENU

    name=runit
    action=runapplication
    ------------

    Philby

  2. Re: Menu for SCO Unixware

    philby wrote:
    > I need a basic menu system so that when users log into our Unixware 7.1.0
    > box they are presented with a text menu with 2 options to run shell scripts
    > which will run an application with different parameters.

    Go here:

    http://linuxgazette.net/101/sunil.html

    Everything you ever wanted to know about dialog and Xdialog.

    --
    BMO

  3. Re: Menu for SCO Unixware

    OK, thanks, looks good. Now I just have to get it to compile on very old
    UW.

    "Boyle M. Owl" wrote in message
    > philby wrote:
    >> I need a basic menu system so that when users log into our Unixware 7.1.0
    >> box they are presented with a text menu with 2 options to run shell
    >> scripts which will run an application with different parameters.

    > Go here:
    >
    > http://linuxgazette.net/101/sunil.html
    >
    > Everything you ever wanted to know about dialog and Xdialog.
    >
    > --
    > BMO

  4. Re: Menu for SCO Unixware

    On Sat, Jul 22, 2006, philby wrote:
    >OK, thanks, looks good. Now I just have to get it to compile on very old
    >UW.

    I've found that many open source packages build pretty easily on old
    UnixWare systems -- at least as far back as UW 2.x. UW was far more
    standard than OpenServer (e.g. closer to UNIX versions done by Sun which
    was one of the more popular platforms back in the day).

    Bill
    --
    INTERNET: bill@Celestial.COM Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

    Once at a social gathering, Gladstone said to Disraeli, ``I predict,
    Sir, that you will die either by hanging or of some vile disease''.
    Disraeli replied, "That all depends upon whether I embrace your
    principles or your mistress".

  5. Re: Menu for SCO Unixware

    OK Thanks. I've just had to change my focus to another project, so
    hopefully when I get back to this it will work OK.

    "Bill Campbell" wrote in message
    > On Sat, Jul 22, 2006, philby wrote:
    >>OK, thanks, looks good. Now I just have to get it to compile on very old
    >>UW.

    > I've found that many open source packages build pretty easily on old
    > UnixWare systems -- at least as far back as UW 2.x. UW was far more
    > standard than OpenServer (e.g. closer to UNIX versions done by Sun which
    > was one of the more popular platforms back in the day).
    >
    > Bill
    > --
    > INTERNET: bill@Celestial.COM Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
    > FAX: (206) 232-9186 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820; (206)
    > 236-1676
    >
    > Once at a social gathering, Gladstone said to Disraeli, ``I predict,
    > Sir, that you will die either by hanging or of some vile disease''.
    > Disraeli replied, "That all depends upon whether I embrace your
    > principles or your mistress".

  6. Re: Menu for SCO Unixware

    http://www.bo.infn.it/alice/alice-do...de/node20.html

    > cat kmenu

    echo "Proc $0: select (menu) in Korn shell"
    echo
    typeset -x PS3="Command: "
    select i in PAGE PWD DIRSIN DIR END
    do
    if [[ $i = END ]]
    then
    print "Exit option"; exit 0
    fi
    print "Selection item $REPLY: $i"
    case $i in
    PAGE*) page $0;;
    PWD*) pwd;;
    DIRSIN*) dirsin;;
    DIR*) dir;;
    esac
    done
    #----------------------------------------------------------------
    > kmenu

    Proc kmenu: select (menu) in Korn shell

    1) PAGE
    2) PWD
    3) DIRSIN
    4) DIR
    5) END
    Command: 3
    Selection item 3: DIRSIN
    Mar 10
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 mary users 380 Mar 10 12:03 kgrep
    Total of 1 files, 0 blocks
    Command: 5
    Exit option

+ Reply to Thread