Yahoo! Mesage boards rool - SCO

This is a discussion on Yahoo! Mesage boards rool - SCO ; Biff and DDT have been modded to oblivion. And the best thing is - I told you so m4r35n357...

  1. Yahoo! Mesage boards rool

    Biff and DDT have been modded to oblivion.

    And the best thing is - I told you so

    m4r35n357

  2. Re: Yahoo! Mesage boards rool

    Ian Smith wrote:
    > Biff and DDT have been modded to oblivion.
    >
    > And the best thing is - I told you so
    >
    > m4r35n357

    I just checked and TWO biff threads are in the top 5 Topics.

    Crap. -- TWZ

  3. Re: Yahoo! Mesage boards rool

    ColonelZen wrote:
    > Ian Smith wrote:
    >> Biff and DDT have been modded to oblivion.
    >>
    >> And the best thing is - I told you so
    >>
    >> m4r35n357

    > I just checked and TWO biff threads are in the top 5 Topics.
    >
    > Crap. -- TWZ

    But they show up as only two threads on the front page, instead of a
    full page of responses to biff.

    That's a kind of improvement, isn't it?

    I have yet to deduce BiFF's motivation. I may never deduce it, but like
    a pile of bovine excrement in a field, it may be appreciated in its own way.

    --
    BMO - "deduce, you say?"

  4. Re: Yahoo! Mesage boards rool

    Boyle M. Owl wrote:

    > I have yet to deduce BiFF's motivation. I may never deduce it, but like
    > a pile of bovine excrement in a field, it may be appreciated in its own way.
    >
    > --
    > BMO - "deduce, you say?"

    Repeating my "WHY BIFF":

    Re: Well, no, biff. Exactly backwards.
    by: ColonelZen
    Long-Term Sentiment: Strong Sell 05/29/06 01:52 pm
    Msg: 376046 of 376419

    I think he was a crony of one of the insiders being paid to give cover
    to MM's by presenting the illusion of arguable dispute.

    No question he has some historical connection to historical Santa Cruz
    and/or Novell. He obviously has a lot of invested hatred towards
    Novell.

    I *think* (but am less certain) that he lost his sinecure in the last
    year or so. Up until then he would scrupulously avoid making definitive
    statements. He still avoids that as his "modus operandi" but has
    "slipped" a few times. Now I think it is purely personal - he genuinely
    hates us; mostly for being right where he has been wrong, partly for
    costing him his sinecure, and possibly because he sees "us" as part
    cause of his lost investments.

    For my part hatred is too strong a word. Biff embodies the very worst
    of humanity. He has no respect - actually no comprehension of what
    respect means - for values transcending oneself. And he has no qualms
    about discarding mundane truth (in Truth mundane truth is more
    important and significant than Truth) for venial ends.

    -- TWZ

    Re: Well, no, biff. Exactly backwards.
    by: ColonelZen
    Long-Term Sentiment: Strong Sell 05/29/06 02:27 pm
    Msg: 376056 of 376419

    Are you there to simulate actual grass-roots support for SCOX? Are you
    a stock pumper? Disgruntled investor or former employee? Cuckolded
    husband blaming Jack Messman? What?
    <<<

    One more time. Biff was not here to get anyone to agree with his
    arguments. He was here so that if called upon to provide plausible
    justification for their actions money managers could point to biff's
    posts and claim that they believed there was genuine dispute that
    SCOX's claims were tennable; i. e. that there was some chance of SCOX
    winning a substantial award or settlement.

    In other words that a plausible number could be plugged into the
    risk/reward calculations.

    We know that such a number is literally just about as valid as biff's
    arguments - dog **** on the sidewalk on a hot and humid summer's day
    has greater value and validity.

    ASB, I think biff lost the commission and he's just here now because
    he's pissed and likes to stir ****.

    -- TWZ

  5. Re: Yahoo! Mesage boards rool

    ColonelZen wrote:
    > Ian Smith wrote:
    >> Biff and DDT have been modded to oblivion.
    >>
    >> And the best thing is - I told you so
    >>
    >> m4r35n357

    > I just checked and TWO biff threads are in the top 5 Topics.
    >
    > Crap. -- TWZ

    Try again. Not any more. What the new system does it to make it
    possible to ignore trolls, safe in the knowledge that they will not be
    seen by anyone that isn't specifically looking for them. Under the old
    system, they could just keep crapflooding, and if no-one kicked them
    they would succeed in scrolling the good stuff away.

    Actually, there are two quite nice BIFF/T related threads there right
    now which disprove your point.

    Moreover, you now no longer have to post all those REALLY ANNOYING TOPIC
    HEADERS every few hours

    BTW, I hate the new interface, but I am actually using RSS to do a quick
    scan to see if there's anything worth posting to. Works quite nicely, a
    bit like the old unofficial newsgroup interface to Y! SCOX.

    Peace!

    m4r35n357

+ Reply to Thread