HDD's are not detecting while installing Smart Array Controller (HP Prolaint Xeon Server) - SCO

This is a discussion on HDD's are not detecting while installing Smart Array Controller (HP Prolaint Xeon Server) - SCO ; Server: I have a HP Proliant 370 ML Xeon server. Server pecification: dual processor... 2.8 GHz both + Additional Smart Array Controller 128 MB + 2 GB RAM Installed OS: Windows Server 2003 I have attached 5 SCSI harddisks with ...

  1. HDD's are not detecting while installing Smart Array Controller (HP Prolaint Xeon Server)

    Server:
    I have a HP Proliant 370 ML Xeon server.

    Server pecification:
    dual processor... 2.8 GHz both + Additional Smart Array Controller 128
    MB + 2 GB RAM

    Installed OS:
    Windows Server 2003

    I have attached 5 SCSI harddisks with it. I have mirrored 2 harddisks
    after installaing MS windows server 2003.

    Requirements:
    I want to apply Raid 5 on the rest of 3 SCSI
    harddisks. I have a Smart Raid Array Controller 6402 for this purpose.

    Problem:
    When i boot the server with the Raid controller, it
    generates an error " unable to detect harddisks..............." &
    "bootable disks size is 0 ............."

    Anybody please give me the complete information that

    1) How to detect harddisk while installing Raid Array Controller?
    2) How to make Raid 5 by using the above mentioned Raid Array
    Controller?
    3) Need Installation Guide.....

    Thanks,
    Arsalan

  2. Smile Re: HDD's are not detecting while installing Smart Array Controller (HP Prolaint Xeon

    I had this problem just two days ago on an se316m1 hp proliant server and I ended up having to change out the RAID array controller battery. Try that. It might be the card but it is unlikely.

  3. Re: HDD's are not detecting while installing Smart Array Controller (HP Prolaint Xeon

    As far as I know, there is no rowid in MySQL. If you like you can
    ALTER the table and insert a unique auto-increment field to the table.

+ Reply to Thread