Mouse moves right and locks up with osr5 - SCO

This is a discussion on Mouse moves right and locks up with osr5 - SCO ; Hi, I have managed to install BMW DIS software on my computer in VMware pc emulator. but when i run DIS if you move the mouse very slowly it is fine but move to much or make to many mouse ...

  1. Mouse moves right and locks up with osr5

    Hi,
    I have managed to install BMW DIS software on my computer in VMware pc
    emulator. but when i run DIS if you move the mouse very slowly it is fine
    but move to much or make to many mouse clicks the mouse then interprets
    everything as move right,

    i have tried several mouse drivers that come with the install, low and high
    resolution keyboard mouse and the intelli mouse option for PS/2.

    i dont think it is a problem with VMware as i have read this happens on
    other software running on SCO unix on their own physical machines.

    Any body got any Ideas

    Thanks

  2. Re: Mouse moves right and locks up with osr5

    Someone who probably isn't Bob Marley wrote:

    > I have managed to install BMW DIS software on my computer in VMware pc
    > emulator. but when i run DIS if you move the mouse very slowly it is fine
    > but move to much or make to many mouse clicks the mouse then interprets
    > everything as move right,
    >
    > i have tried several mouse drivers that come with the install, low and high
    > resolution keyboard mouse and the intelli mouse option for PS/2.
    >
    > i dont think it is a problem with VMware as i have read this happens on
    > other software running on SCO unix on their own physical machines.

    This is actually a known bad interaction between OSR5 and VMware. I
    haven't yet figured out where the bug lies, but I know of a workaround.
    Boot the machine with:

    Boot
    : defbootstr kbm.wheel=no

    This disables the mouse wheel, which is a little annoying, but at least
    the rest of the mouse works. To make this permanent, edit
    /etc/default/boot and add "kbm.wheel=no" to the end of the definition of
    DEFBOOTSTR.

    >Bela<

  3. Arrow Re: Mouse moves right and locks up with osr5

    ther is a very good solution and that`s starnet x-win32 . using this you can solve the mouse problem in vmware,but you should know how to setthe network settings for both hosts,if you cold do it do tell me, because ihave installed x-win32 but ther is problem in network settings

+ Reply to Thread