Problem with Samba 2.2.6c - SCO

This is a discussion on Problem with Samba 2.2.6c - SCO ; Hello, I have this problem: I have a server unix sco open server 5.0.7 with installed samba server v2.2.6c I Have the necessity of to make to authenticate the user Administrator of a server w2003 to enter to a folder ...

  1. Problem with Samba 2.2.6c

    Hello, I have this problem: I have a server unix sco open server 5.0.7
    with installed samba server v2.2.6c
    I Have the necessity of to make to authenticate the user Administrator of
    a server w2003 to enter to a folder shared on the server unix.
    However with sco I cannot create a greater account user of 8 characters
    and therefore I do not know in that manner define with samba the account
    Administrator. When I used VisionFs there was the possibility of to
    associate to an user windows ex. Administrator an user unix ex. root
    surpassing so the problem of 8 characters for the account. I can resolve
    the problem or I should rename the account Administrator w2003 for example
    in admin?
    Thanks for the help!

  2. Re: Problem with Samba 2.2.6c

    "giampi66" wrote in message
    news:f8f8406a0033a75f16a69e331201a666$1@www.proges is.net...
    > Hello, I have this problem: I have a server unix sco open server 5.0.7
    > with installed samba server v2.2.6c I Have the necessity of to make to
    > authenticate the user Administrator of a server w2003 to enter to a folder
    > shared on the server unix.
    > However with sco I cannot create a greater account user of 8 characters
    > and therefore I do not know in that manner define with samba the account
    > Administrator. When I used VisionFs there was the possibility of to
    > associate to an user windows ex. Administrator an user unix ex. root
    > surpassing so the problem of 8 characters for the account. I can resolve
    > the problem or I should rename the account Administrator w2003 for example
    > in admin?

    Windows best practices recommends renaming and disabling the Administrator
    account.
    You should create another account and assign it "Administrator" rights, thus
    making the
    username less than 8 characters.

    moncho

+ Reply to Thread