"scoadmin" hanging - SCO

This is a discussion on "scoadmin" hanging - SCO ; We have a issue where in when we start "scoadmin" and go to Account manager, it says "Retrieving user account information" and stars appear on top. The stars just keep moving and the scoadmin hangs. If we abort the process ...

  1. "scoadmin" hanging

    We have a issue where in when we start "scoadmin" and go to Account
    manager, it says "Retrieving user account information" and stars appear
    on top. The stars just keep moving and the scoadmin hangs. If we abort
    the process it gives an error " Error while executing: 'Account
    Manager', (exit code: 130)".

    Every time we need to reboot our system to overcome this problem. We
    cannot afford to this because we are running a 24x7 system.

    Please advise on this urgenlty.. Our SCO Unix version is SCO_SV
    onlinelv 3.2 5.0.6 i386.

    Dhaya
    CB

  2. Re: "scoadmin" hanging

    I have seen this before and it turned out to be a corrupted file in
    /tcb/files/auth/[a-z]*

    Look around in those directories for large files. Viewing a few files
    will show you what is normal and abnormal.

    You can try to use the 'authck' command which might fix it, but you'll
    probably need to manually edit any corrupted files you find.

    Always have a recent backup on hand, and always remain logged in as
    root somewhere until you've completed any repairs.

    Also read the pwconv man pages, as well as authck, passwd and shadow
    pages.

    Good luck,
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread