OSR5.0.7MP4 - java_vm hangs after closing Mozilla - SCO

This is a discussion on OSR5.0.7MP4 - java_vm hangs after closing Mozilla - SCO ; I'd never bothered setting up Java on my machine but I eventually got around to it after installing MP4. I downloaded and installed the current versions (1.4.2_10) of both the JRE and the Java plug-in, and they work ... but ...

  1. OSR5.0.7MP4 - java_vm hangs after closing Mozilla

    I'd never bothered setting up Java on my machine but I eventually
    got around to it after installing MP4. I downloaded and installed
    the current versions (1.4.2_10) of both the JRE and the Java
    plug-in, and they work ... but I've noticed that after closing
    Mozilla, CPU utilization goes to 100%, and it's the java_vm process
    that's doing it. kill -9 gets rid of it; regular kill does not.

    Has anyone else seen this? I search the SCO knowledgebase
    for java_vm on OSR5, and I did a Google Groups search of this
    newsgroup for java_vm, but both came up with no hits.
    --
    Stephen M. Dunn

  2. Re: OSR5.0.7MP4 - java_vm hangs after closing Mozilla

    I guess nobody else in this newsgroup has the same problem :-)
    but apparently SCO does, as I see they released an updated Java
    package yesterday which supposedly cures this.
    --
    Stephen M. Dunn