Port Flush - AIX to SCO - SCO

This is a discussion on Port Flush - AIX to SCO - SCO ; Does anyone know how to flush a port in SCO? In AIX, I used to do it like this: First, disable the port: pdisable tty0 Second, flush the port: /usr/lbin/tty/stty-cxma flush tty0 Third, enable the port penable tty0 This would ...

  1. Port Flush - AIX to SCO

    Does anyone know how to flush a port in SCO? In AIX, I used to do it
    like this:

    First, disable the port:
    pdisable tty0
    Second, flush the port:
    /usr/lbin/tty/stty-cxma flush tty0
    Third, enable the port
    penable tty0

    This would keep me from having to reboot the server if the port or
    device was hung up for one reason or another. I haven't found a SCO
    equivalent to this procedure. Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. Re: Port Flush - AIX to SCO

    Try disable ttyxx (xx=port, i.e. 01,02) to disable the port.
    Try enable ttyxx to re-enable the port.

+ Reply to Thread