507 license info for 506 install - SCO

This is a discussion on 507 license info for 506 install - SCO ; A user would like to upgrade from 504. They'd like to go to 507, but would enjoy the luxury of being able to install 506 as a fallback, if they have any problems with 507 and their applications. I don't ...

  1. 507 license info for 506 install

    A user would like to upgrade from
    504. They'd like to go to 507, but would enjoy the luxury of
    being able to install 506 as a fallback, if they have
    any problems with 507 and their applications.

    I don't believe it is possible to use 507 license info to license
    a 506 install. Am I right about that?

    Best to all,
    Dan Martin

  2. Re: 507 license info for 506 install

    In article <1132268980.727009.241540@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups. com> "Dan Martin" writes:
    $I don't believe it is possible to use 507 license info to license
    $a 506 install. Am I right about that?

    You are correct. For an official SCO statement confirming this,
    see question 15 in TA #125308.
    --
    Stephen M. Dunn