OSR6: DoubleVision, PEEK, or VNC - SCO

This is a discussion on OSR6: DoubleVision, PEEK, or VNC - SCO ; Good evening! Has anybody had any success with DV, PEEK, or VNC running on OSR6? Thanks in advance, Mark B...

  1. OSR6: DoubleVision, PEEK, or VNC

    Good evening!
    Has anybody had any success with DV, PEEK, or VNC running on OSR6?

    Thanks in advance,
    Mark B

  2. Re: OSR6: DoubleVision, PEEK, or VNC

    Mark B wrote (on Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 06:20:48PM -0800):

    | Has anybody had any success with DV, PEEK, or VNC running on OSR6?

    I've had some success using Ronald Joe Record's latest SkunkWare
    version of VNC (tightvnc) for OSR 6.0.0.

    As distributed it comes up on a client with one xterm window,
    but - if you prefer - you can click on the desktop and get a
    menu from which you can select a UNIX window, which is an
    ScoTerm window.

    I get rid of the xterm window and get two ScoTerm windows, in
    one of which I'm "root" and the other "bob".

    I've had only two minor problems with it.

    1 - Either it or OSR6 doesn't like it to co-exist with but
    one other X Window process running on the OSR6 server.

    2 - When I'm on my ThinkPad downstairs, accessing the VNC
    server upstairs via WiFi, I have to put the
    ON while using VNC and remember to put it OFF when not.

    It's not so happy as it was when I used it on OSR 5.0.6, but
    I'm happy with it.

    Bob (who thanks rr for his providing it)

    --
    Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor
    Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus.
    Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS).

  3. Re: OSR6: DoubleVision, PEEK, or VNC

    On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 06:20:48PM -0800, Mark B wrote:
    > Good evening!
    > Has anybody had any success with DV, PEEK, or VNC running on OSR6?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Mark B

    i am using DV on OSR6 - they made a new port for it.
    it is buggy when dv'ing to the console ports, and i am working with
    tridia tech support helping them duplicate - dv'ing to any other ports
    works just fine.

    -Joe Chasan- Magnatech Business Systems, Inc.
    joe@magnatechonline.com Hicksville, NY - USA
    http://www.MagnatechOnline.com Tel.(516) 931-4444/Fax.(516) 931-1264

+ Reply to Thread