    Bob Stockler +-+ bob@trebor.iglou.com +-+ http://members.iglou.com/trebor
    Author: MENU EDIT II - The BEST Creator/Editor/Manager for filePro User Menus.
    Fully functional (time-limited) demos available by email request (specify OS).

  2. Re: Digi International -vs- SCO Web Site

    Bob Stockler wrote:
    > On SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 I need a 4-Port RJ-45 board to replace
    > the Digi Neo I used on SCO OSR 5.0.6 (not supported on OSR 6).
    >
    > Digi first suggested a Digi Classic 4-port board, that is shown
    > on the SCO Web Site as being CERTIFIED, but now Digi tells me
    > it doesn't work on OSR 6.
    >
    > That leaves me in a quandry. Can anyone clear this up for me?

    Would something like a Digi PortServer TS 4 work? It's supported on
    OSR6.

  3. Re: Digi International -vs- SCO Web Site

    Most hardware posted in SCO hardware certification web site are old.

    BTW: The Digi Classic boards "usually" use drivers included with SCO install
    media.

    --
    ----

    Y.

  4. Re: Digi International -vs- SCO Web Site

    On 8 Nov 2005 21:06:03 -0500, Bob Stockler wrote:

    > Digi first suggested a Digi Classic 4-port board, that is shown
    > on the SCO Web Site as being CERTIFIED, but now Digi tells me
    > it doesn't work on OSR 6.

    Classic works on OSR6.

  5. Re: Digi International -vs- SCO Web Site

    "Robert Lipe" wrote in message
    news:slrndn9vvp.2e8.robertlipe@rjloud.caldera.com. ..
    > Classic works on OSR6.

    Hi Robert,
    Long time, no talk.

    We (Digi) have an open failure against the Classic PCI driver in OpenServer
    6 with SCO.
    The board is actually seen by the built-in driver, but it doesn't actually
    work.

    I have recommended to Bob either getting an 4r 920 PCI board, which is
    supported by our MPI software,
    that I ported to OpenServer 6.
    (And a driver I believe you worked on at one point in the past, huh) =)

    Or he can get the something like the Digi PortServer TS 4 which is supported
    by our RealPort driver, which works
    under OpenServer 6 too.

    Scott

  6. Re: Digi International -vs- SCO Web Site

    Bob Meyers wrote:
    > "Yves Leclerc" wrote in message
    > newsfTcf.1354$Tk1.23913@news20.bellglobal.com...
    >
    >>Most hardware posted in SCO hardware certification web site are old.
    >>

    > Really? You mean Pentium II is not Intel's latest CPU?

    Presumably you were looking for something to install SCO Unix 3.2v4.2
    on? Are any PIIs certified for OSR6?

    > I recall going to SCO HDW certification several times over last... ten
    > years, hoping some name-brand server I wanted to purchase would run SCO. I
    > don't think I *ever* found the product I was looking for on the list.

    I prefer to do it the other way around, I go to CHWP, see what is
    certified for current OSR and buy that. It seems to me that this ought
    to be a more successful strategy :-)

    YMMV

+ Reply to Thread