Convert Doc/XLS files to JPG - SCO

This is a discussion on Convert Doc/XLS files to JPG - SCO ; Is there an utility on unix (using the shell prompt) that will convert Doc documents or excel documents to jpg ? Thanks...

  1. Convert Doc/XLS files to JPG

    Is there an utility on unix (using the shell prompt) that will convert Doc
    documents or excel documents to jpg ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Convert Doc/XLS files to JPG

    "E Arredondo" wrote in message
    news:3j5af.11898$tV6.3595@newssvr27.news.prodigy.n et...
    > Is there an utility on unix (using the shell prompt) that will convert Doc
    > documents or excel documents to jpg ?
    >
    > Thanks

    Forget about Excel, just convert M$ windoze word's documents to jpg .

    Thanks

  3. Re: Convert Doc/XLS files to JPG

    On Wed, Nov 02, 2005, E Arredondo wrote:

    >"E Arredondo" wrote in message
    >news:3j5af.11898$tV6.3595@newssvr27.news.prodigy.n et...
    >> Is there an utility on unix (using the shell prompt) that will convert Doc
    >> documents or excel documents to jpg ?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >Forget about Excel, just convert M$ windoze word's documents to jpg .

    That's a tall order considering that jpeg is an image format, while M$-Word
    and Excel documents frequently print to multiple pages.

    The only image format I'm aware of that deals with multiple pages is the
    fax tiff format, and possible other tiff formats.

    I think there may be tools to convert the proprietary Microsoft binary
    files to PostScript or PDF files via scripts.

    I don't think it would be difficult with OS X ``Tiger'' to use the
    automater to create applescript programs that would do this type of
    conversions.

    Bill
    --
    INTERNET: bill@Celestial.COM Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
    UUCP: camco!bill PO Box 820; 6641 E. Mercer Way

    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill
    the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer (1891)

  4. Re: Convert Doc/XLS files to JPG

    "Bill Campbell" wrote in message
    > On Wed, Nov 02, 2005, E Arredondo wrote:
    >>
    >>"E Arredondo" wrote in message
    >>news:3j5af.11898$tV6.3595@newssvr27.news.prodigy.n et...
    >>> Is there an utility on unix (using the shell prompt) that will convert
    >>> Doc
    >>> documents or excel documents to jpg ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >>Forget about Excel, just convert M$ windoze word's documents to jpg .

    > That's a tall order considering that jpeg is an image format, while
    > M$-Word
    > and Excel documents frequently print to multiple pages.
    >
    > The only image format I'm aware of that deals with multiple pages is the
    > fax tiff format, and possible other tiff formats.
    >
    > I think there may be tools to convert the proprietary Microsoft binary
    > files to PostScript or PDF files via scripts.
    >
    > I don't think it would be difficult with OS X ``Tiger'' to use the
    > automater to create applescript programs that would do this type of
    > conversions.
    >
    > Bill
    > --
    > INTERNET: bill@Celestial.COM Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
    > UUCP: camco!bill PO Box 820; 6641 E. Mercer Way
    > FAX: (206) 232-9186 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820; (206)
    > 236-1676
    >
    > The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill
    > the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer (1891)

    There is a marvelous program for windoze called eprint and it makes 1 jpg
    per page printed! Maybe that's the only way to go.

+ Reply to Thread