Informix - SCO

This is a discussion on Informix - SCO ; I'm trying to port an Informix application from SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 to OpenServer 6. Everything works except "sqlexecd", which aborts with a bad system call trying to open /dev/inet/tcp. The 3.2.4.2 Informix binaries are from Informix OnLine Version 5.0. Has ...

  1. Informix

    I'm trying to port an Informix application from SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 to
    OpenServer 6. Everything works except "sqlexecd", which aborts with a bad
    system call trying to open /dev/inet/tcp. The 3.2.4.2 Informix binaries are
    from Informix OnLine Version 5.0. Has anyone done this, or have any advice
    on how to proceed?

    --
    Richard Seeder
    AApex Information Systems

  2. Re: Informix

    Richard,

    I believe there is an OSR5 compatibility bug in one of the ioctl calls
    made by sqlexecd.
    I think this affects all timod ioctls from OSR5, e.g., TI_GETINFO,
    TI_OPTMGMT, TI_BIND, etc.

    A bug has raised against this issue. Please contact your SCO Support
    channel if you need a fix for this issue.

    Regards,

    John

  3. Re: Informix

    Richard wrote:
    > I'm trying to port an Informix application from SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 to
    > OpenServer 6. Everything works except "sqlexecd", which aborts with a bad
    > system call trying to open /dev/inet/tcp. The 3.2.4.2 Informix binaries are
    > from Informix OnLine Version 5.0. Has anyone done this, or have any advice
    > on how to proceed?

    Richard,

    I believe there is an OSR5 compatibility bug in one of the ioctl calls
    made by sqlexecd.
    I think this affects all timod ioctls from OSR5, e.g., TI_GETINFO,
    TI_OPTMGMT, TI_BIND, etc.

    A bug has raised against this issue. Please contact your SCO Support
    channel if you need a fix for this issue.

    Regards,

    John

  4. Re: Informix

    jboland@sco.com typed (on Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:52:46AM -0800):
    | Richard,
    |
    | I believe there is an OSR5 compatibility bug in one of the ioctl calls
    | made by sqlexecd.
    | I think this affects all timod ioctls from OSR5, e.g., TI_GETINFO,
    | TI_OPTMGMT, TI_BIND, etc.
    |
    | A bug has raised against this issue. Please contact your SCO Support
    | channel if you need a fix for this issue.
    |
    | Regards,
    |
    | John

    Richard,

    There may also be a bug with Y2K with the YEAR.
    I experienced this problem and have a bandaid if needed.

    Best Regards,
    Jeffrey Hyman
    .--.
    Lone Star Software Corp. | | | | .-. Home of World Famous LONE-TAR(tm)
    Cactus International, Inc. | |_| | | | Backup Software for UNIX and LINUX
    Sales: 800.525.8649 _ |___ |_| | 24x7 Support Available
    Support: 301.829.1622 _| ~- | ___| RESCUE-RANGER(tm) and AIR-BAG(tm)
    http://www.LONE-TAR.com \, _} | | Disaster Recovery Software
    | |

+ Reply to Thread