Sco 5.0.7 & Dell Laser 1700n - SCO

This is a discussion on Sco 5.0.7 & Dell Laser 1700n - SCO ; I have this Dell laser on a network with the server and I can't get it to pass the "network printer operation" test in the HP Network Printer Manager. I have beed able to print to it via Samba thru ...

  1. Sco 5.0.7 & Dell Laser 1700n

    I have this Dell laser on a network with the server and I can't get it
    to pass the "network printer operation" test in the HP Network Printer
    Manager. I have beed able to print to it via Samba thru a Windows XP
    WS, but I was wondering if I can print to it directly from SCO, since
    sometimes the XP station is not powered on. Thanks for any insite.

    Gary

  2. Re: Sco 5.0.7 & Dell Laser 1700n

    dccgary wrote:
    > I have this Dell laser on a network with the server and I can't get it
    > to pass the "network printer operation" test in the HP Network Printer
    > Manager. I have beed able to print to it via Samba thru a Windows XP
    > WS, but I was wondering if I can print to it directly from SCO, since
    > sometimes the XP station is not powered on. Thanks for any insite.
    >
    > Gary

    Hi Gary,

    Google this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.sco.misc
    for netcat, and read up on, and download, netcat at www.aplawrence.com

    You'll probably find it straightforward, but come back
    with questions if you have any problem.

    Good luck,
    Dan Martin

  3. Re: Sco 5.0.7 & Dell Laser 1700n

    dccgary typed (on Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 01:16:55PM -0800):
    | I have this Dell laser on a network with the server and I can't get it
    | to pass the "network printer operation" test in the HP Network Printer
    | Manager. I have beed able to print to it via Samba thru a Windows XP
    | WS, but I was wondering if I can print to it directly from SCO, since
    | sometimes the XP station is not powered on. Thanks for any insite.

    I don't know what an "insite is", but I might have some insight.

    Have you considered using netcat instead of the HP stuff?
    www.tkrh.demon.co.uk/netcat.html

    --
    JP

  4. Re: Sco 5.0.7 & Dell Laser 1700n