Strange error found - SCO

This is a discussion on Strange error found - SCO ; Hi all, I just had the error "WARNING: on server is not responding" which came up with no reason. I've done a search through the group and saw a couple of guys had this error a few years back but ...

  1. Strange error found

    Hi all,

    I just had the error "WARNING: on server is not responding" which
    came up with no reason.
    I've done a search through the group and saw a couple of guys had this
    error a few years back but no one posted a reply.

    Can anyone give me an idea how the error possibly arises? I am
    currently running OSR504 on a PII box.

    Thanks for your attention.

  2. Re: Strange error found

    theCop wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just had the error "WARNING: on server is not responding" which
    > came up with no reason.
    > I've done a search through the group and saw a couple of guys had this
    > error a few years back but no one posted a reply.
    >
    > Can anyone give me an idea how the error possibly arises? I am
    > currently running OSR504 on a PII box.
    >
    > Thanks for your attention.

    Pormapper or portmapper not responding?

    http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec4portmapper.html

    --
    Tony Lawrence
    Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com

  3. Re: Strange error found

    Thanks Tony for your advice. I had a look at that page before but my
    error doesn't say anything about portmapper. It just said exectly like
    what I put in the post. I didn't make any change to my /etc/hosts file
    either. Could it be caused by something else?

    Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread