cron dies - Cannot create temporary file - SCO

This is a discussion on cron dies - Cannot create temporary file - SCO ; We have a SCO 5.05 UNIX systemm which has been running since 1999. Starting about 3 months ago we noticed our cron dying overnight. When we checked the cron log, the error which triggered this was "Cannot create temporary file". ...

  1. cron dies - Cannot create temporary file

    We have a SCO 5.05 UNIX systemm which has been running since 1999.
    Starting about 3 months ago we noticed our cron dying overnight. When
    we checked the cron log, the error which triggered this was "Cannot
    create temporary file". This error message has occurred with different
    programs, whether it be a uucp daeman or an inventory print out from
    root.

    What is causing this and what is the solution?

  2. Re: cron dies - Cannot create temporary file

    In article <1130244838.986558.294180@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups. com> lanse@adelphia.net writes:
    $We have a SCO 5.05 UNIX systemm which has been running since 1999.
    $Starting about 3 months ago we noticed our cron dying overnight. When
    $we checked the cron log, the error which triggered this was "Cannot
    $create temporary file". This error message has occurred with different
    $programs, whether it be a uucp daeman or an inventory print out from
    $root.

    Check to make sure /tmp and /usr/tmp still exist, that their
    permissions are correct, and that there's adequate free space on
    the root filesystem (or any other filesystems onto which you've
    moved them).
    --
    Stephen M. Dunn