Openserver 5.0.x --> 6.0 "CTRL+Z" not longer working - SCO

This is a discussion on Openserver 5.0.x --> 6.0 "CTRL+Z" not longer working - SCO ; H, Bourne shell on Openserver 6.0 seems to intercept key combination CRTL+Z (without any apparent action, i think is mappend on a not-used kernel signal). I have an application that use this combination for internal purpose, that run correct on ...

  1. Openserver 5.0.x --> 6.0 "CTRL+Z" not longer working

    H,
    Bourne shell on Openserver 6.0 seems to intercept key combination CRTL+Z
    (without any apparent action, i think is mappend on a not-used kernel
    signal).
    I have an application that use this combination for internal purpose, that
    run correct on any prevision version, from SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 to Openservr
    5.0.7.
    Any idea for change this behavior ?
    Thanks

    Mirko

  2. Re: Openserver 5.0.x --> 6.0 "CTRL+Z" not longer working

    > Bourne shell on Openserver 6.0 seems to intercept key combination CRTL+Z
    > (without any apparent action, i think is mappend on a not-used kernel
    > signal).
    > I have an application that use this combination for internal purpose, that
    > run correct on any prevision version, from SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 to Openservr
    > 5.0.7.
    > Any idea for change this behavior ?
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mirko

    run this:
    stty -a

    in there, hopefully something says xxx = ^Z
    what's the xxx ?

    take that value and do this

    stty xxx ""

    without logging out, use the same session window to try the application
    if it works, then put the stty command in /etc/profile

    have people log out and back in and each new login after that point should
    work.

    Probably xxx is susp, so:
    stty susp ""

  3. Re: Openserver 5.0.x --> 6.0 "CTRL+Z" not longer working

    news.tele2.it typed (on Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 10:05:45PM +0200):
    | H,
    | Bourne shell on Openserver 6.0 seems to intercept key combination CRTL+Z
    | (without any apparent action, i think is mappend on a not-used kernel
    | signal).
    | I have an application that use this combination for internal purpose, that
    | run correct on any prevision version, from SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 to Openservr
    | 5.0.7.
    | Any idea for change this behavior ?

    The default shell has job control enabled, which is neither obvious nor
    described under the first man page sh(C). It is described in the other
    man page, sh(1), but even there, job control is only claimed to work when
    the shell is called as jsh, AND, worse yet, there's not one mention of
    the fact that Ctrl-Z will suspend the current shell.

    Ctrl-Z is suspending your session and giving you a new shell. You can type
    'fg' to pull the prior shell back into the foreground.

    --
    JP

  4. Re: Openserver 5.0.x --> 6.0 "CTRL+Z" not longer working

    >> Bourne shell on Openserver 6.0 seems to intercept key combination CRTL+Z
    >> (without any apparent action, i think is mappend on a not-used kernel
    >> signal).
    >> I have an application that use this combination for internal purpose,
    >> that
    >> run correct on any prevision version, from SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 to Openservr
    >> 5.0.7.
    >> Any idea for change this behavior ?
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Mirko

    > run this:
    > stty -a
    >
    > in there, hopefully something says xxx = ^Z
    > what's the xxx ?
    >
    > take that value and do this
    >
    > stty xxx ""
    >
    > without logging out, use the same session window to try the application
    > if it works, then put the stty command in /etc/profile
    >
    > have people log out and back in and each new login after that point should
    > work.
    >
    > Probably xxx is susp, so:
    > stty susp ""

    Thanks Brian, whit you help I fix this in a minute.

    Mirko

+ Reply to Thread