How to determine HPNP printer address - SCO

This is a discussion on How to determine HPNP printer address - SCO ; Is there a way to determine/change the ip address of an existing HPNP printer? I looked under /usr/lib/hpnp and I couldn't see anything there or in the interface script. thanks, ubw...

  1. How to determine HPNP printer address

    Is there a way to determine/change the ip address of an existing HPNP
    printer? I looked under /usr/lib/hpnp and I couldn't see anything
    there or in the interface script.

    thanks,
    ubw

  2. Re: How to determine HPNP printer address

    ubwnews@hotpop.com wrote:
    > Is there a way to determine/change the ip address of an existing HPNP
    > printer? I looked under /usr/lib/hpnp and I couldn't see anything
    > there or in the interface script.
    >
    > thanks,
    > ubw

    Look in /usr/spool/lp/admins/lp/interfaces
    for the name of your printer.

    Edit the file so named and look for a
    variable called PERIPH

    Change that to your new ip address or
    host name.

    Good luck,
    Dan Martin

  3. Re: How to determine HPNP printer address

    wrote in message
    > Is there a way to determine/change the ip address of an existing HPNP
    > printer? I looked under /usr/lib/hpnp and I couldn't see anything
    > there or in the interface script.
    >
    > thanks,
    > ubw

    You might also look at /etc/bootptab.

    JP

  4. Re: How to determine HPNP printer address

    On 13 Oct 2005 14:38:18 -0700, "Dan Martin"
    wrote:

    >ubwnews@hotpop.com wrote:
    >> Is there a way to determine/change the ip address of an existing HPNP
    >> printer? I looked under /usr/lib/hpnp and I couldn't see anything
    >> there or in the interface script.
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >> ubw

    >Look in /usr/spool/lp/admins/lp/interfaces
    >for the name of your printer.
    >
    >Edit the file so named and look for a
    >variable called PERIPH
    >
    >Change that to your new ip address or
    >host name.
    >
    >Good luck,
    >Dan Martin

    OK, now I see how it works, if the printer is created with an ip
    address it puts it in the interface script, otherwise it assumes the
    hostname is the same as the printer name.

    Thanks very much.

    UBW

  5. Re: How to determine HPNP printer address

    "arp -a" will list all the MAC addresses and their IP addresses. Match
    up the MAC address on the list with that listed on the bottom of the
    print server.

    ..

+ Reply to Thread