IDE Cdrom problem - SCO

This is a discussion on IDE Cdrom problem - SCO ; Hello, I have a fresh installed sco osr 505 on an old pentium computer. IDE cdrom works well during install, but now i can't mount cdrom: # mount -r /dev/cd0 returns: NOTICE: Srom :Not ready on SCSI CD-ROM 0 dev ...

  1. IDE Cdrom problem

    Hello,

    I have a fresh installed sco osr 505 on an old pentium
    computer.
    IDE cdrom works well during install, but now i can't mount cdrom:
    # mount -r /dev/cd0
    returns:
    NOTICE: Srom :Not ready on SCSI CD-ROM 0 dev 47/0 (ha=0 bus=0 id=0 lun=0)
    mount: impossible d'obtenir l'état de '/dev/cd0': périphérique ou
    adresse inexistants (erreur 6) (hum, sorry, locale set on french )
    aprox. translation: can't get state of /dev/cd0, no surch device or
    adresse

    On boot time, the computer hangs on wdinit (not very good...)
    the CDROM is a IDE CDROM (not scsi), primary master.
    The hard disk is a SCSI disk, on a adaptec controler (alad) with an old
    tape drive (tandberg SLR).
    Could someone help me, i'm not very familiar with SCO osr and Google was
    not my friend for this time.
    Thanks, Christophe

  2. Re: IDE Cdrom problem

    Le Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:59:56 +0200, Christophe Maquaire a écrit*:

    > # mount -r /dev/cd0

    Sorry, # mount -r /dev/cd0 /mnt
    Christophe

+ Reply to Thread