Remote Printing probs - OS507 - SCO

This is a discussion on Remote Printing probs - OS507 - SCO ; Hi, Anyone any ideas with this? I setup a couple of remote printers on a SCO enterprise 507 system, attached to PCs that are defined in /etc/hosts. The printers are HP lasers attached parallel to Windows 2000 PCs, on which ...

  1. Remote Printing probs - OS507

    Hi,

    Anyone any ideas with this?

    I setup a couple of remote printers on a SCO enterprise 507 system, attached to
    PCs that are defined in /etc/hosts. The printers are HP lasers attached parallel
    to Windows 2000 PCs, on which is enabled print services for unix

    When I set them up they both worked fine - using the printcap entry to point the
    output to a filter, and then to the printers.

    A day later, neither printer works. They print from windows OK. I can ping
    the PCs fine. Error message is of the format:

    rlpstat printer3
    valerie: Connection refused
    connection to valerie is down

    A normal lpstat -t take *ages* to list. Nothing seems to have changed - the jobs
    simply don't get to the windows print queues. Any ideas?

    cheers

    -Rob
    robatwork at mail dot com

  2. Re: Remote Printing probs - OS507

    Just to follow up my own question - I now notice this error in lpstat -t:
    UX:lpstat: ERROR: Error reading printer information for "printer4"
    (No such file or directory).

    There is no printer4 in printer management - I was testing it and since deleted
    it. Has the printing subsystem got corrupted? Where does it keep records of
    which printers are installed - I can't see a printer4 directory anywhere....

    cheers again
    Rob
    -Rob
    robatwork at mail dot com

  3. Re: Remote Printing probs - OS507

    Rob S wrote:
    > Just to follow up my own question - I now notice this error in lpstat -t:
    > UX:lpstat: ERROR: Error reading printer information for "printer4"
    > (No such file or directory).
    >
    > There is no printer4 in printer management - I was testing it and since deleted
    > it. Has the printing subsystem got corrupted? Where does it keep records of
    > which printers are installed - I can't see a printer4 directory anywhere....
    >
    > cheers again
    > Rob
    > -Rob
    > robatwork at mail dot com

    Usually, in /etc/printcap

    --
    Roberto Zini - r.zini<@AT@>strhold.it
    "Has anybody around here seen an aircraft carrier?"

+ Reply to Thread