Problem with GCC and SCO Dev system installed - SCO

This is a discussion on Problem with GCC and SCO Dev system installed - SCO ; Any suggestions on how to configure SCO 5.0.6 system with SCO Development system installed and subsequently adding oss646b and then installing gnutools5.0.7kj with gwxlibs and ar-2.8.1? After installing gnutools, gwxlibs, and ar-2.8.1 I tried to compile Gnupg1.4.1 by running ./configure ...

  1. Problem with GCC and SCO Dev system installed

    Any suggestions on how to configure SCO 5.0.6 system with SCO
    Development system installed and subsequently adding
    oss646b and then installing gnutools5.0.7kj with gwxlibs
    and ar-2.8.1?

    After installing gnutools, gwxlibs, and ar-2.8.1 I tried to
    compile Gnupg1.4.1 by running ./configure and then gmake.
    The gmake exits with mammy error messages. When I checked the
    Makefile, I see that it is executing cc and not gcc.

    I have performed a fresh install of 5.0.6 on a test system
    and installed in this order rs506a, wd506sup, oss642a, oss648a,
    oss651b, Open Server Linker and Dev system libraries (5.1.2a),
    rs506a again to update the Dev system libraries, oss646b
    (done purposely to match the client's system with oss646b
    installed, instead of oss646c), gwxlibs, and gnutools5.0.7kj.

    On this test system gnupg-1.4.1 compiles without problems.

    Ah-ha! While looking at the INSTALL file in Gnupg, I found
    the following:

    > You can give `configure' initial values for configuration parameters
    > by setting variables in the command line or in the environment. Here
    > is an example:
    >
    > ./configure CC=c89 CFLAGS=-O2 LIBS=-lposix

    Perhaps just ./configure CC=gcc will be sufficient to compile on the
    client's system.

    Any advice on other flags to include will be welcome.

    --

    Steve Fabac
    S.M. Fabac & Associates

  2. Re: Problem with GCC and SCO Dev system installed

    Steve M. Fabac, Jr. typed (on Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 05:08:33PM +0000):
    | Any suggestions on how to configure SCO 5.0.6 system with SCO
    | Development system installed and subsequently adding
    | oss646b and then installing gnutools5.0.7kj with gwxlibs
    | and ar-2.8.1?
    |
    | After installing gnutools, gwxlibs, and ar-2.8.1 I tried to
    | compile Gnupg1.4.1 by running ./configure and then gmake.
    | The gmake exits with mammy error messages. When I checked the
    | Makefile, I see that it is executing cc and not gcc.
    |
    | I have performed a fresh install of 5.0.6 on a test system
    | and installed in this order rs506a, wd506sup, oss642a, oss648a,
    | oss651b, Open Server Linker and Dev system libraries (5.1.2a),
    | rs506a again to update the Dev system libraries, oss646b
    | (done purposely to match the client's system with oss646b
    | installed, instead of oss646c), gwxlibs, and gnutools5.0.7kj.
    |
    | On this test system gnupg-1.4.1 compiles without problems.
    |
    | Ah-ha! While looking at the INSTALL file in Gnupg, I found
    | the following:
    |
    | > You can give `configure' initial values for configuration parameters
    | > by setting variables in the command line or in the environment. Here
    | > is an example:
    | >
    | > ./configure CC=c89 CFLAGS=-O2 LIBS=-lposix
    |
    | Perhaps just ./configure CC=gcc will be sufficient to compile on the
    | client's system.

    Perhaps putting /usr/gnu/bin earlier in your PATH than /bin or /usr/bin
    might help as well.

    --
    JP

+ Reply to Thread