ACLs on OSR6 w/MP1 - SCO

This is a discussion on ACLs on OSR6 w/MP1 - SCO ; According to SCO TA 126114 and a reference in this group a while back, ACLs should be available on OSR6 for VXFS filesystems if MP1 is installed. I'm using that combination but getacl/setacl respond with: UX:getacl: ERROR: system service not ...

  1. ACLs on OSR6 w/MP1

    According to SCO TA 126114 and a reference in this group a while back,
    ACLs should be available on OSR6 for VXFS filesystems if MP1 is
    installed. I'm using that combination but getacl/setacl respond with:

    UX:getacl: ERROR: system service not installed

    I've scanned the documents pertaining to Veritas and getacl/setacl, and
    looked in the usual places (scoadmin file/hard/soft, mkdev, etc.), but
    can find no mention of how to install or enable it. Does anyone know?

  2. Re: ACLs on OSR6 w/MP1

    Roger Cornelius wrote:
    > According to SCO TA 126114 and a reference in this group a while back,
    > ACLs should be available on OSR6 for VXFS filesystems if MP1 is
    > installed. I'm using that combination but getacl/setacl respond with:
    >
    > UX:getacl: ERROR: system service not installed
    >
    > I've scanned the documents pertaining to Veritas and getacl/setacl, and
    > looked in the usual places (scoadmin file/hard/soft, mkdev, etc.), but
    > can find no mention of how to install or enable it. Does anyone know?

    Since there were no replies, let me ask a different Question. Is
    anyone running OSR6 able to use ACLs? E.g., does 'getacl /tmp' do
    anything other than print the above error?

  3. Re: ACLs on OSR6 w/MP1

    Roger Cornelius wrote:
    > Roger Cornelius wrote:
    > > According to SCO TA 126114 and a reference in this group a while back,
    > > ACLs should be available on OSR6 for VXFS filesystems if MP1 is
    > > installed. I'm using that combination but getacl/setacl respond with:
    > >
    > > UX:getacl: ERROR: system service not installed
    > >
    > > I've scanned the documents pertaining to Veritas and getacl/setacl, and
    > > looked in the usual places (scoadmin file/hard/soft, mkdev, etc.), but
    > > can find no mention of how to install or enable it. Does anyone know?

    > Since there were no replies, let me ask a different Question. Is
    > anyone running OSR6 able to use ACLs? E.g., does 'getacl /tmp' do
    > anything other than print the above error?

    Problem solved. Tom Podner politely pointed out to me privately that
    had I read the MP1 release notes more carefully, I would have seen
    this:

    * Support for Access Control Lists (ACLs) added -- ACLs are enabled
    by editing the file /etc/conf/sdevice.d/dac and changing the N to
    a Y in the file. Save the change, and enter the following two
    commands to rebuild the kernel and reboot the system:

    # /etc/conf/cf.d/link_unix
    # shutdown -i6 -g0 -y

    Thank you Tom.

+ Reply to Thread