maximum size hard drive.... - SCO

This is a discussion on maximum size hard drive.... - SCO ; Hi everyone, SCO 5.06a, HP ML-350, 641 raid comtroller, 3 hard drives 300gb each in raid 5 witch make 600gb. SCO see only 52gb...!!! What is the maximum size that SCO can see. Is there a way to fix that ...

  1. maximum size hard drive....

    Hi everyone,

    SCO 5.06a, HP ML-350, 641 raid comtroller, 3 hard drives 300gb each in
    raid 5 witch make 600gb. SCO see only 52gb...!!!

    What is the maximum size that SCO can see. Is there a way to fix that
    problem.

    I've been told that it can see 2tb but I need to adjust my block size to
    8192...!!!

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: maximum size hard drive....

    Patrice Dagenais wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > SCO 5.06a, HP ML-350, 641 raid comtroller, 3 hard drives 300gb each in
    > raid 5 witch make 600gb. SCO see only 52gb...!!!
    >
    > What is the maximum size that SCO can see. Is there a way to fix that
    > problem.
    >
    > I've been told that it can see 2tb but I need to adjust my block size to
    > 8192...!!!
    >

    > Thanks in advance

    Hi.

    It's related to SCO OS 5.0.7 but I __think__ it might apply to 5.0.7 as
    well (one liner):

    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...05&safe=images

    Then, follow the thread.

    Best,
    Rob

    --
    Roberto Zini - r.zini<@AT@>strhold.it
    "Has anybody around here seen an aircraft carrier?"

  3. Re: maximum size hard drive....

    Roberto Zini wrote:

    > Patrice Dagenais wrote:

    > > SCO 5.06a, HP ML-350, 641 raid comtroller, 3 hard drives 300gb each in
    > > raid 5 witch make 600gb. SCO see only 52gb...!!!
    > >
    > > What is the maximum size that SCO can see. Is there a way to fix that
    > > problem.

    > It's related to SCO OS 5.0.7 but I __think__ it might apply to 5.0.7 as
    > well (one liner):
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...05&safe=images
    >
    > Then, follow the thread.

    Here's a slightly less horrible URL for that thread:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=db3eat$if$1@newsread.albacom.net

    The thread probably applies in this situation, except for all the
    speculation about trying 127 or 255 sectors/track. The kernel and
    utility updates necessary for this to have any chance of success do not
    exist for OSR506.

    >Bela<

  4. Re: maximum size hard drive....

    Bela Lubkin wrote:
    > Roberto Zini wrote:
    >

    >>Patrice Dagenais wrote:

    >>>SCO 5.06a, HP ML-350, 641 raid comtroller, 3 hard drives 300gb each in
    >>>raid 5 witch make 600gb. SCO see only 52gb...!!!
    >>>
    >>>What is the maximum size that SCO can see. Is there a way to fix that
    >>>problem.

    >>It's related to SCO OS 5.0.7 but I __think__ it might apply to 5.0.7 as
    >>well (one liner):
    >>
    >>http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...05&safe=images
    >>
    >>Then, follow the thread.

    > Here's a slightly less horrible URL for that thread:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=db3eat$if$1@newsread.albacom.net

    Thanks for the "slightly less horrible URL" (I simply did a quick - and
    horrible - copy & paste out of Google :-)

    --
    Roberto Zini - r.zini<@AT@>strhold.it
    "Has anybody around here seen an aircraft carrier?"
    (Pete "Maverick" Mitchell - Top Gun)

+ Reply to Thread