sco_pmd runaway? - SCO

This is a discussion on sco_pmd runaway? - SCO ; Hey everybody, Just noticed this today...the SCO license policy manager daemon was chewing up all the CPU time...I shutdown and restarted the daemon and it seems to be ok, but what would cause it to happen? root 55 1 80 ...

  1. sco_pmd runaway?

    Hey everybody,

    Just noticed this today...the SCO license policy manager daemon was
    chewing up all the CPU time...I shutdown and restarted the daemon and
    it seems to be ok, but what would cause it to happen?

    root 55 1 80 Sep-01 ? 02-20:26:35 /etc/sco_pmd
    I noticed it this morning, and it had been going all weekend.
    Any thoughts on how to prevent it from happening again?

    Thanks,
    Kevin Fleming

  2. Re: sco_pmd runaway?

    Kevin Fleming wrote:
    > Hey everybody,
    >
    > Just noticed this today...the SCO license policy manager daemon was
    > chewing up all the CPU time...I shutdown and restarted the daemon and
    > it seems to be ok, but what would cause it to happen?
    >
    > root 55 1 80 Sep-01 ? 02-20:26:35 /etc/sco_pmd
    > I noticed it this morning, and it had been going all weekend.
    > Any thoughts on how to prevent it from happening again?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kevin Fleming

    Hi Kevin.

    What about the operating system which "hosts" the sco_pmd daemon?

    I suppose is one from SCO but could you disclose more about the release
    (eg, 5.0.5, 5.0.6, 5.0.7, 6.0.0) and the installed patches ?

    Best,
    Roberto

    --
    Roberto Zini - r.zini<@AT@>strhold.it
    "Has anybody around here seen an aircraft carrier?"

  3. Re: sco_pmd runaway?

    "Rob" wrote in message
    > Kevin Fleming wrote:
    >> Hey everybody,
    >>
    >> Just noticed this today...the SCO license policy manager daemon was
    >> chewing up all the CPU time...I shutdown and restarted the daemon and
    >> it seems to be ok, but what would cause it to happen?
    >>
    >> root 55 1 80 Sep-01 ? 02-20:26:35 /etc/sco_pmd
    >> I noticed it this morning, and it had been going all weekend.
    >> Any thoughts on how to prevent it from happening again?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Kevin Fleming
    >>

    > Hi Kevin.
    >
    > What about the operating system which "hosts" the sco_pmd daemon?
    >
    > I suppose is one from SCO but could you disclose more about the release
    > (eg, 5.0.5, 5.0.6, 5.0.7, 6.0.0) and the installed patches ?
    >
    > Best,
    > Roberto
    >
    > --
    > Roberto Zini - r.zini<@AT@>strhold.it
    > "Has anybody around here seen an aircraft carrier?"
    > (Pete "Maverick" Mitchell - Top Gun)

    Sorry, my bad.

    The system in question is OSR5.0.7, Maint Pack3, on a Dell 2850. RAID, Wd
    Supplement, OSS656B Licensing Update also installed.
    It's only been in production about 3 weeks, so I'm a bit worried about
    flakiness early on.

    Thanks,
    Kevin Fleming

  4. Re: sco_pmd runaway?

    Anything in the system logs to indicate what it was doing?

    Also, do you have any other SCO systems on the network?

    JOhn

+ Reply to Thread