Unable to open SCO Termlite (Version 1.1.1) - SCO

This is a discussion on Unable to open SCO Termlite (Version 1.1.1) - SCO ; Hi all, I am having a problem getting termlite to open. When the shortcut is clicked on the egg timer pops up but the nothing happens. I have checked the processes in task manager and the processes are being started ...

  1. Unable to open SCO Termlite (Version 1.1.1)

    Hi all,

    I am having a problem getting termlite to open. When the shortcut is
    clicked on the egg timer pops up but the nothing happens. I have
    checked the processes in task manager and the processes are being
    started (ntvdm.exe, wowexec.exe and termlite.exe).

    I have tried completly removing termlite from the machine, including
    removing all entries from the registry, and reinstalling termlite but
    this is still giving me the same symptoms. I have also tried expanding
    the following files from c:\i386\ folder to c:\WINNT\system32\
    (autoexec.nt, config.nt and command.com). This has also failed to
    resolve the issue. I can open a command prompt so this does not seem
    to be an issue with 16-bit applications.

    The machine in question is running Windows 2000.

    Does any one have any ideas as to why this is happening.

    Thank you in advance

    Jon

  2. Re: Unable to open SCO Termlite (Version 1.1.1)

    "Just Jont" wrote in message
    news:1127382345.871214.191540@g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am having a problem getting termlite to open. When the shortcut is
    > clicked on the egg timer pops up but the nothing happens. I have
    > checked the processes in task manager and the processes are being
    > started (ntvdm.exe, wowexec.exe and termlite.exe).
    >
    > I have tried completly removing termlite from the machine, including
    > removing all entries from the registry, and reinstalling termlite but
    > this is still giving me the same symptoms. I have also tried expanding
    > the following files from c:\i386\ folder to c:\WINNT\system32\
    > (autoexec.nt, config.nt and command.com). This has also failed to
    > resolve the issue. I can open a command prompt so this does not seem
    > to be an issue with 16-bit applications.
    >
    > The machine in question is running Windows 2000.
    >
    > Does any one have any ideas as to why this is happening.
    >
    > Thank you in advance
    >
    > Jon

    Not a lot of information available here. Based on your post, all we know is
    that 'termlite' doesn't work and you've tried a few things to resolve the
    issue. Is this connection over a network, serial, or modem line? Have you
    checked all the hardware connections (just in case the cable came lose, the
    modem died, or network card failed)? Does 'termlite' even present you with
    a connection screen (if it has an automatic connection already configured
    and can't find a line, it will sit there at the hourglass forever)? Can you
    ping the remote host your attempting to connect to? Can you 'telnet' to
    that host (from the command line)? These aren't solutions by any means, but
    they do provide a way for you to try isolating the problem.

    JP

  3. Re: Unable to open SCO Termlite (Version 1.1.1)

    Dunno, but maybe http://aplawrence.com/Bofcusm/1710.html is related.

    --
    Tony Lawrence
    Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com