SCO 5.0.7 and Dell 830 -- how does it go together - SCO

This is a discussion on SCO 5.0.7 and Dell 830 -- how does it go together - SCO ; Hello, I m planing to buy PE830 and wonder, if someone know if it goes together with SCO 5.0.7 and what should i take care of. It also includes a Broadcom 5721 Ethernet controller, but i dont know, if it ...

  1. SCO 5.0.7 and Dell 830 -- how does it go together

    Hello,

    I m planing to buy PE830 and wonder, if someone know if it goes together
    with SCO 5.0.7 and what should i take care of. It also includes a
    Broadcom 5721 Ethernet controller, but i dont know, if it is supported.
    Are there any known complications? The alternative is to buy PE750 or
    PE1420.
    If u have any expirience with mentioned systems, would apreciate if u
    would share it with me (and afcourse the rest of the world

    Thank you in advance

  2. Re: SCO 5.0.7 and Dell 830 -- how does it go together

    Ales wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I m planing to buy PE830 and wonder, if someone know if it goes together
    > with SCO 5.0.7 and what should i take care of. It also includes a
    > Broadcom 5721 Ethernet controller, but i dont know, if it is supported.
    > Are there any known complications? The alternative is to buy PE750 or
    > PE1420.
    > If u have any expirience with mentioned systems, would apreciate if u
    > would share it with me (and afcourse the rest of the world
    >
    > Thank you in advance

    Hi.

    Never tried none of the above boxes from Dell but here you'll find the
    drivers for your Broadcom 5721 NIC:

    http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=125969

    A quick search at http://www.sco.com/chwp revealed that model PE800 and
    700 are certified with SCO OS 5.0.7 but I could not find anything
    related to the models you're going to buy.

    Best,
    Rob

    --
    Roberto Zini - r.zini<@AT@>strhold.it
    "Has anybody around here seen an aircraft carrier?"

+ Reply to Thread