Lost ftp account in /etc/passwd - SCO

This is a discussion on Lost ftp account in /etc/passwd - SCO ; Openserver 5.0,6 The user account for ftp is gone. How is it reinstated? Account manager complains about user ids below 200! TIA Ron...

  1. Lost ftp account in /etc/passwd

    Openserver 5.0,6

    The user account for ftp is gone. How is it reinstated?
    Account manager complains about user ids below 200!

    TIA
    Ron

  2. Re: Lost ftp account in /etc/passwd

    Ronald J Marchand typed (on Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 02:08:36PM -0500):
    | Openserver 5.0,6
    |
    | The user account for ftp is gone. How is it reinstated?
    | Account manager complains about user ids below 200!

    You can run pwunconv, edit /etc/passwd and add the ftp user (with uid 72
    and gid 28), then run pwconv, then 'authck -av' (twice).

    Or edit both /etc/default/accounts and /etc/defaults/authsh to change 200
    to 20 temporarily, then revert the edits after adding the account.

    (I've never experimented to see which of those two default files governs,
    and I've asked SCO people many times why those two files have such
    overlap, never have had a reply.)

    --
    JP

+ Reply to Thread