PE2800 dual network cards - SCO

This is a discussion on PE2800 dual network cards - SCO ; The motherboard of a PE2800 has two built in network connections and I'm wondering if I can use both at the same time with SCO 5.0.6a , Can I set the first one to be on my T1 internet line ...

  1. PE2800 dual network cards

    The motherboard of a PE2800 has two built in network connections and I'm
    wondering if I can use both at the same time with SCO 5.0.6a , Can I set the
    first one to be on my T1 internet line and the second one to be part of a
    local network which is connected to a DSL router so that the LAN users can
    telnet or FTP to this machine alot faster (i.e. LAN-server) than connecting
    thru the DSL-T1-server?

    Is this configuration ok ?

    Connection "1"
    hostname : server
    IP : 12.1.1.78
    mask : 255.255.255.240
    gateway : 12.1.1.79

    Connection "2"
    hostname : server
    IP : 192.168.2.7
    mask : 255.255.255.0
    gateway : 192.168.2.1

    Thanks.

    EA

  2. Re: PE2800 dual network cards

    E Arredondo typed (on Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 04:43:11PM +0000):
    | The motherboard of a PE2800 has two built in network connections and I'm
    | wondering if I can use both at the same time with SCO 5.0.6a , Can I set the
    | first one to be on my T1 internet line and the second one to be part of a
    | local network which is connected to a DSL router so that the LAN users can
    | telnet or FTP to this machine alot faster (i.e. LAN-server) than connecting
    | thru the DSL-T1-server?
    |
    | Is this configuration ok ?
    |
    | Connection "1"
    | hostname : server
    | IP : 12.1.1.78
    | mask : 255.255.255.240
    | gateway : 12.1.1.79
    |
    | Connection "2"
    | hostname : server
    | IP : 192.168.2.7
    | mask : 255.255.255.0
    | gateway : 192.168.2.1

    That's the main reason to have two NICs: because your computer has an IP
    number for each of two different networks.

    --
    JP

+ Reply to Thread