POwerEdge 2800 + SCO OSR 506 - SCO

This is a discussion on POwerEdge 2800 + SCO OSR 506 - SCO ; Does anybody has the problem I'm experiencing with PE 2800 and SCO's amird driver ? Here's the problem... at boot time when it tries to run the "F amirdinit" process it takes like 4 minutes to init the amird driver! ...

  1. POwerEdge 2800 + SCO OSR 506

    Does anybody has the problem I'm experiencing with PE 2800 and SCO's amird
    driver ? Here's the problem... at boot time when it tries to run the "F
    amirdinit" process it takes like 4 minutes to init the amird driver! Then it
    keeps loading the rest of the stuff. Do you know how to fix it ? My RAID
    controller is the PERC 4e/Di with DUAL Channels. and my driver for amird I'm
    using is amird_2.25.btld.img

    Thanks

  2. Re: POwerEdge 2800 + SCO OSR 506

    This is a know issue with this driver and is due to something Dell has
    done with the BIOS on this controller. If you roll back to a previous
    BIOS this problem goes away.

    -jim

  3. Re: POwerEdge 2800 + SCO OSR 506

    "Jim Bonnet" wrote in message
    news:1124939764.758680.5240@g44g2000cwa.googlegrou ps.com...
    > This is a know issue with this driver and is due to something Dell has
    > done with the BIOS on this controller. If you roll back to a previous
    > BIOS this problem goes away.
    >
    > -jim

    I had version A02 and now I downgraded to A01 and it stills takes a while to
    find the amird driver. What version is the one you're talking about ?

    Thanks

  4. Re: POwerEdge 2800 + SCO OSR 506

    yeah, A02 is the firmware for the machine... A04 is the current BIOS
    for the controller. I think I went back to A03 or A02 for the card. I
    cant find those older BIOS's for the perc4e on the dell site right now
    however and the machine I installed was shipped to a customer.

    --jim.

  5. Re: POwerEdge 2800 + SCO OSR 506

    "Jim Bonnet" wrote in message
    news:1125092398.248571.16880@o13g2000cwo.googlegro ups.com...
    > yeah, A02 is the firmware for the machine... A04 is the current BIOS
    > for the controller. I think I went back to A03 or A02 for the card. I
    > cant find those older BIOS's for the perc4e on the dell site right now
    > however and the machine I installed was shipped to a customer.
    >
    > --jim.

    I found the old A02 driver on Dell's website for the RAID controller and it
    fixed the "hang" problem!

    Thank you very much, I hope DELL fixes this bug on A04 and give us the A05
    soon!

+ Reply to Thread