What are these errors in /usr/adm/syslog - SCO

This is a discussion on What are these errors in /usr/adm/syslog - SCO ; Aug 22 08:41:00 scosvr lpd[24068]: recvjob: unknown printer service lpstat -v|grep recvjob There is no printer configured by this name. Any ideas ? Release = 3.2v5.0.6...

  1. What are these errors in /usr/adm/syslog

    Aug 22 08:41:00 scosvr lpd[24068]: recvjob: unknown printer service

    lpstat -v|grep recvjob

    There is no printer configured by this name.

    Any ideas ?

    Release = 3.2v5.0.6

  2. Re: What are these errors in /usr/adm/syslog

    In article <1124721075.334764.114370@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    B....@gmail.com wrote:
    >Aug 22 08:41:00 scosvr lpd[24068]: recvjob: unknown printer service

    >lpstat -v|grep recvjob

    >There is no printer configured by this name.

    >Any ideas ?

    >Release = 3.2v5.0.6

    Since you've given no other information, I'll take those error
    messages at face value, and that is you don't have that printer
    configured.

    If you think you have it configured you need to post some more
    information on what you have done to configure it.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

  3. Re: What are these errors in /usr/adm/syslog

    Bill Vermillion wrote:
    > In article <1124721075.334764.114370@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    > B....@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >>Aug 22 08:41:00 scosvr lpd[24068]: recvjob: unknown printer service

    >>lpstat -v|grep recvjob

    >>There is no printer configured by this name.

    >>Any ideas ?

    >>Release = 3.2v5.0.6

    > Since you've given no other information, I'll take those error
    > messages at face value, and that is you don't have that printer
    > configured.
    >
    > If you think you have it configured you need to post some more
    > information on what you have done to configure it.

    It read to me that another box was using the LPD protocol to send print
    jobs to the OSR506 system, but was using a printer-name that isn't
    configured. The OSR506 may have printers configured under different names.

  4. Re: What are these errors in /usr/adm/syslog

    Good catch, you were right. The old SCO box was doing remote printing.

+ Reply to Thread