Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone ever tried to get the nagios remote plugin
executor (nrpe) running on SCO OpenServer 5.0.4.

After struggling to get the nagios-plugins compiled on OpenServer 5.0.4
(seemingly I don't have /usr/lib/libresolv.* and I found that the
required gethostbyname function is available in /usr/lib/libsocket.so,
but then again this causes compilation errors)... I tried compiling
the nrpe daemon, which I could compile (NRPE 1.9 at least, 2.0 doesn't
seem to compile with syntax errors, probably because I'm using an old
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024), but whenever I try to start the nrpe
daemon, it exits with a segmentation fault:

$ bin/nrpe -c /u/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg --daemon
Memory fault - core dumped

All compiled well, so I don't what's wrong here.

The nrpe.cfg should be ok since I used it already on Unixware servers
(also with nrpe 1.9)... If anyone would have an idea how to get it
running on OpenServer 5.0.4, it would be appreciated!

Regards,
Frido Roose