I'm wondering if anyone ever tried to get the nagios remote plugin
executor (nrpe) running on SCO OpenServer 5.0.4.

After struggling to get the nagios-plugins compiled on OpenServer 5.0.4
(seemingly I don't have /usr/lib/libresolv.* and I found that the
required gethostbyname function is available in /usr/lib/libsocket.so,
but then again this causes compilation errors)... I tried compiling
the nrpe daemon, which I could compile (NRPE 1.9 at least, 2.0 doesn't
seem to compile with syntax errors, probably because I'm using an old
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024), but whenever I try to start the nrpe
daemon, it exits with a segmentation fault:

$ bin/nrpe -c /u/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg --daemon
Memory fault - core dumped

All compiled well, so I don't what's wrong here.

The nrpe.cfg should be ok since I used it already on Unixware servers
(also with nrpe 1.9)... If anyone would have an idea how to get it
running on OpenServer 5.0.4, it would be appreciated!

Frido Roose