Compiling C on OSR 6 - SCO

This is a discussion on Compiling C on OSR 6 - SCO ; Am I missing something? If I have a file "test.c", that starts: #include and I do: cc -K osr test.c I get: UX:acomp: ERROR: "test.c", line 1: cannot find include file: Furthermore, man cc gives me nothing. Regards, .....Bob Rasmussen, ...

  1. Compiling C on OSR 6

    Am I missing something?

    If I have a file "test.c", that starts:
    #include
    and I do:
    cc -K osr test.c
    I get:
    UX:acomp: ERROR: "test.c", line 1: cannot find include file:

    Furthermore,
    man cc
    gives me nothing.

    Regards,
    .....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
    company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
    fax: (US) 503-624-0760
    web: http://www.anzio.com

  2. Re: Compiling C on OSR 6

    Bob Rasmussen typed (on Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 03:22:26PM -0700):
    | Am I missing something?
    |
    | If I have a file "test.c", that starts:
    | #include
    | and I do:
    | cc -K osr test.c
    | I get:
    | UX:acomp: ERROR: "test.c", line 1: cannot find include file:
    |
    | Furthermore,
    | man cc
    | gives me nothing.

    I'm not seeing this.
    Is /osr5/usr/include/stdlib.h present?

    --
    JP

  3. Re: Compiling C on OSR 6

    On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:

    > Bob Rasmussen typed (on Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 03:22:26PM -0700):
    > | Am I missing something?
    > |
    > | If I have a file "test.c", that starts:
    > | #include
    > | and I do:
    > | cc -K osr test.c
    > | I get:
    > | UX:acomp: ERROR: "test.c", line 1: cannot find include file:
    > |
    > | Furthermore,
    > | man cc
    > | gives me nothing.
    >
    > I'm not seeing this.
    > Is /osr5/usr/include/stdlib.h present?

    No!

    I am unclear on whether I need to do a separate install of the development
    system. Scoadmin seems to indicate that it is installed, but who knows? If
    I have to install it, I can not see how to do that.

    Regards,
    .....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
    company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
    fax: (US) 503-624-0760
    web: http://www.anzio.com

  4. Re: Compiling C on OSR 6

    On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 19:35:45 -0700 (PDT), Bob Rasmussen
    wrote:

    |I am unclear on whether I need to do a separate install of the development
    |system. Scoadmin seems to indicate that it is installed, but who knows? If
    |I have to install it, I can not see how to do that.

    I had the same problem when I installed an evaluation copy of OSR6,
    custom indicated that the Development System was installed, yet files
    were missing.

    Run custom and install the Development System.

    Regards,

    Robin

  5. Re: Compiling C on OSR 6

    Bob,

    You need to install the SCO OpenServer Development System.

    The base Operating System includes the cc compiler and standard headers
    and libraries but it does not include the debuggers and tools, the
    openserver 5 libraries and headers etc. To get these you need to
    install the Development System.

    There is an eval license for the Development System in the coverletter
    in the OSR6 Media Kit.

    John

+ Reply to Thread