Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines - SCO

This is a discussion on Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines - SCO ; Hi, I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, disks, ...

  1. Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines

    Hi,

    I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO
    5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the
    info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers,
    disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs,
    tape drives, volume groups (if approprate).

    Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this
    info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for
    some of the morning but I'm not having much luck.

    Have got all the commands / scripts for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX but not
    for SCO.

    Many thanks,

    Steve Button

  2. Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines

    On 2 Aug 2005 04:06:58 -0700, "Steve Button"
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO
    >5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the
    >info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers,
    >disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs,
    >tape drives, volume groups (if approprate).
    >
    >Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this
    >info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for
    >some of the morning but I'm not having much luck.

    Is version 5.7.1.1 UnixWare 7.1.1?

    I've never seen Unixware in any form, but on SCO OpenServer there is a
    command called "hw" which will detail most if not all of what you are
    looking for.

    --
    Robin Grayson
    Digisoft Limited

  3. Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines

    uname -a gives

    hostname hostname 4.2MP 2.1.3 i386 x86at

    uname -X gives

    System = UNIX_Sys
    Node = unix
    Release = 4.2MP
    KernelID = 98/07/06
    NumCPU = 1 (ahhh, that answers ONE of the questions!)

    Steve

  4. Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines

    Oh, and "hw" which is /usr/X/bin/hw just says "Hello, world".

    Nice for a bit of nostalgia, but not what I'm looking for. :-)

    Steve

  5. Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines

    On 2 Aug 2005 05:54:43 -0700, "Steve Button"
    wrote:

    >Oh, and "hw" which is /usr/X/bin/hw just says "Hello, world".
    >
    >Nice for a bit of nostalgia, but not what I'm looking for. :-)

    Very useful

    Again, not sure if you have these on that version, but try 'hwconfig'
    and 'swconfig'

    --
    Robin Grayson
    Digisoft Limited

  6. Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines

    Ahhhh, I thought Unixware and SCO Unix where quite similar... but
    obviously not. My mistake.

    I can't get onto the SCO boxes at the moment, to test your suggestions,
    but will try that soon.

    Thanks,

    Steve

  7. Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines

    On 2 Aug 2005 06:19:19 -0700, "Steve Button"
    wrote:

    >Ahhhh, I thought Unixware and SCO Unix where quite similar... but
    >obviously not. My mistake.
    >
    >I can't get onto the SCO boxes at the moment, to test your suggestions,
    >but will try that soon.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Steve

    Hi Steve,

    You could always look on Tony's site too, I'm sure somewhere there
    will be the answers to your questions:

    http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/

    Regards,

    Robin
    --
    Robin Grayson
    Digisoft Limited

  8. Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines

    Steve Button wrote:
    > Oh, and "hw" which is /usr/X/bin/hw just says "Hello, world".
    >
    > Nice for a bit of nostalgia, but not what I'm looking for. :-)
    >
    > Steve

    Wrong command. Get out of the X environment (ctrl-alt-f1) and try "hw"
    now. Or do /etc/hw within X.

    See http://aplawrence.com/newtosco.html

    --
    Tony Lawrence
    Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com

  9. Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines

    On 2 Aug 2005 05:52:03 -0700, "Steve Button"
    wrote:

    >uname -a gives
    >
    >hostname hostname 4.2MP 2.1.3 i386 x86at
    >
    >uname -X gives
    >
    >System = UNIX_Sys
    >Node = unix
    >Release = 4.2MP
    >KernelID = 98/07/06
    >NumCPU = 1 (ahhh, that answers ONE of the questions!)
    >
    >Steve

    Hi,

    I believe that this particular machine is (still) a UnixWare 2!!! Quite old
    and I don't think it has the /etc/hw utility. I am not sure if it will work on
    this version, but you could grab ftp://ftpput.sco.com/tmp/sysinfo.tar.Z and,
    after uncompress (uncompress sysinfo.tar ) and "untar" (tar xvf sysinfo.tar),
    run "sysinfo -v -f sysinfo.html". You will get a very detailed report in html
    format. The sysinfo utility is expected to work on the several flavours of SCO
    operating systems.

    Best regards,
    José Proença de Andrade
    E-Mail: proenca@memosis.pt